Need suggestions on things for my baby's tank! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie is about 6 months old now and I had to get him a bigger tank because the 10 gallon was WAY too small for him. Got a great deal! $24.99 for the tank and stand! I had to get a screen top because it was obviously a fish tank but thats ok. I also decided to get him a ReptiHammock and so Mopani wood to climb on. I also switched the substrate to the ZooMed Eco Carpet from sand. I look online at peoples tank setups and I feel like mine just looks so plain. Maybe because on the 10gallon I had the desert picture background... anyone have any suggestions on things I could add or if I should just leave it as is? Anything is very much appreciated! Oh also his food bowl isnt in the picture because Im about to go get him some Dandelion greens and parsley :D

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
Hi
This is my tank
55879F38-ADC6-47A4-AA30-AD7D8FBCDEAC-2618-000001B041F5AFA0_zpsbd0b310e.jpg

Maybe add some vine leaves and more climbing things
But looks good its just takes time to build up

xtattooedgirlx

Original Poster
I get the vines and leaves from a pet store too? I didnt think I had seen any though maybe I just wasnt paying attention :? haha Very nice tank set up though!

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
Yea pet shops well ave got a plastic plant and a plastic cactus which Zeus loves climbing on hahah
Thank you I hope to make it better eventually haha xx

xtattooedgirlx

Original Poster
Yeah I think I need to get a better blanket its just a cut up piece of a burp cloth but now that he doesnt have sand to get all snug with his blanket in I feel like I needs something more lol... Any hand me downs heck yes! Im still a total newbie at this! I think Im doing pretty darn good, although he was a little aggressive until recently because I didnt hold him as much as I should but now that hes in the bigger tank and not stuck on a high shelf because if my cats I hold him everyday and he now lets me just pick him up and doesnt puff up at me.

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
Haha, Zeus goes made if he's not cuddles up with me of out his viv he's in his teens (7-8months) so tempa tramtms silly boy
We've only had him since dec so still new myself but u learn everyday n this site is really good

xtattooedgirlx

Original Poster
Yeah Zagen isnt quite at the stage he wants to cuddle up with me yet but we are slowly getting better. Its all on his terms and I know that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom