need suggestions on my baby girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkeaver

Hi, recently in the past 2 months got a red baby girl and everytime I try to reach for her she hops around and if cornered she opens her mouth and hisses and sometime lunges to bite... what can I do to calm her if anything? when I first got her she was somewhat calm.. seems like the older she is getting the worse she is getting. Any suggestions would be fantastic! Thanks in advance

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
First, Welcome to the Family!
Now onto business. Try placing a worn by you shirt in the viv, maybe as a sleeping blanket. This way your scent will be made known to the baby and that is one way to get it used to you. Second, try hand feeding something like a treat. I use canalope, diced to the correct size. Third, when offering a bath, after wards wrap the dragonette in a burrito, like a baby, and hold it against your chest, always talking softly to him/her.

Just go slow, and keep repeating each action slowly.
When you reach in, try to come at baby either below or at head level. This prevents the run, it's hunting me.. action.
Janie.

bkeaver

Original Poster
thanks for the fast reply. I will try that. And thanks for the welcome. My other dragon was always friendly and never acted like this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom