Need some help

Emile

I got my beastie last week I have done a lot of research before having him so he could be in top health and enclosure and all he’s been eating and drinking normally I think but the thing is he stays in the same spot nearly all day (it’s up a branch near the ceiling of his enclosure) and kinda sleeps there all the time he comes down to eat a bit the goes back up is that normal ?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
He’s in a corner opposite to the basking light that’s kind of me problem I’m not sure what to do
Oh if that's the case, What's the lighting? It's probably the stress since you recently got him. How old is he? Can you send pictures of the setup?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got my beastie last week I have done a lot of research before having him so he could be in top health and enclosure and all he’s been eating and drinking normally I think but the thing is he stays in the same spot nearly all day (it’s up a branch near the ceiling of his enclosure) and kinda sleeps there all the time he comes down to eat a bit the goes back up is that normal ?
Please go over your surface basking temps and how your getting them-- uvb coil or long tube fixture--

Emile

Original Poster
Oh if that's the case, What's the lighting? It's probably the stress since you recently got him. How old is he? Can you send pictures of the setup?

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 24

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 105-110 -- a long tube fixture for a UVB there are 3 good ones that are recommended on this forum - it needs to be in the tank for a fine screen mesh placed directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -- this will help him adjust quicker to his tank and surroundings once this is on par everything else will fall into place

Emile

Original Poster
Surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 105-110 -- a long tube fixture for a UVB there are 3 good ones that are recommended on this forum - it needs to be in the tank for a fine screen mesh placed directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -- this will help him adjust quicker to his tank and surroundings once this is on par everything else will fall into place
My temps on the hot side go up to 38-42 celcius

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom