Need some help with lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDizzle

Reptisun 10.0 tube is a what a lot of people on here use and recommend. You will need a T8 light fixture to fit it. Other users also use the arcadia tube bulbs, which fit a T5 fixture.

berrset1

Original Poster
EDizzle":1qysktli said:
Reptisun 10.0 tube is a what a lot of people on here use and recommend. You will need a T8 light fixture to fit it. Other users also use the arcadia tube bulbs, which fit a T5 fixture.

So if i buy one of these 10.0 bulbs can i just sit the fixture on top of the metal screen? Is it absolutely necessary to mount it inside the aquarium?

EDizzle

berrset1":2zx8n2rz said:
EDizzle":2zx8n2rz said:

So if i buy one of these 10.0 bulbs can i just sit the fixture on top of the metal screen? Is it absolutely necessary to mount it inside the aquarium?

It is best if you mount it inside of your tank. The screens can filter out over 50% of the UVB, which is no good. You might want to cut a few holes in the metal screen and use some craft wire to hang it in place. Ideally you will want your dragon within 6-8 inches of the UVB tube.

XiDiS

Juvie Member
I hung my 24" light fixture and bulb in my tank using an old wire coat hanger. I can adjust the height very easily but simply bending it at more of an angle. Super cheap and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom