need some friendly help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyk

im to my dragon and he is a baby! i would just like some tips on how to feed him and how much! he doesnt eat his greens! i give him 10-15 crickets a day and a bath every other! i m ist him also his greens!
some tips on this would be helpful!

stuby

OK, first how olds the baby? Secent,I would not worry to much about greens as a baby. Baby's eat 75% crix's or other source of proten and 25% greens. The size of the crix's should be no biger then the distents between their eye's. You should feed crix's at lest 3-4 times a day, and as meny he/she can eat in a 10-15 min peared of time. ( if I'm wrong let me know) They can eat up to 100 crix's a day. But do try and give him greens every day. Good luck with yur litle one!!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Heres a website that tells you all the things your beardie can eat.
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

Most people feed the babys crickets/roaches. As many as they will eat in a 10 to 15 min window. Bathe the baby in water for 20 mins every other day up to their arm pits and please watch them every moment because they can drowned very easy. This keeps them hydrated. Since they dont normaly drink from a water dish. We do it 10 mins each day because it helps him poop. They like to poop in their bath water. The water should be warm like you would bathe a human baby in :D

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Hi! I tired to post earlier and it didn't let me. Please answer the questions below and most of us will be able to help you better
how long have you had your dragon?
How old is your dragon?
How big is your dragon?
How often do you feed your dragon?
What do you feed your dragon?
What do you use for substrate (the bottom of his cage?)
Do you dust crickets 1 feeding a day for 5 days?
Do you use vitamins? What brand? Herptivite (blue label) the best
Do you have a basking light?
Do you have a UVB Light? What brand?
What are temps on the basking side and the cool side?
What type of thermometer do you use to monitor temps?
Does he get a bath?
Do you spritz him with water?
How often does he poop?
Are his lights on for 10-12 hrs and off for 10-12 hrs.
Are you using a heat pad or heat rock?
Does he have a water dish in his cage?

I am sure others will come up with more questions if I forgot any of them
Most baby dragons can eat up to 150 crickets a day, the crickets should be NO BIGGER than the space between his eyes to prevent impaction. TO give you an idea, my daughter's lizard who just turned 3 months has been shedding the last few days and ate about 150 each day. Before the shed he ate 70-85 a day. And immediately before he shed he went to 30 a day. 15-30 crickets a day is not enough for a baby dragon. When they are babies the majority of the diet should be protein (ie crickets) and some veggies and fruits. So offer the veggies daily (not iceberg lettuce though), and continue to feed him 2-3 times a day. Give him as many crickets as he will eat in a 10-15 minute time period. Remove the crickets he has not eaten after that.

I hope this helps some. Also Tracie on here (Drache613) is a tremendous resource, feel free to ask her as well.
Julianne

The calcium is important 5 days a week to prevent MBD issues withing a dragon. The other 2 days the crickets should be supplemented with Herptivite Vitamins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom