Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update.. The 1st day i got him he ate 3 crickets and 1 meal worm (which i know now is a big no no so i will be leaving these for my geckos) i think he also bit on some veggies because they looked nibbled on. The last 2 days tho have been stress full and up and down. He escaped the cage on Thursday and i had to come home from work to get him off the top of the cage ( i was trying to hight-ten his basking spot and the back of my enclosure had a whole and the back and he got through....this has been fix , i got him a 10gal with a screen) He keeps slowly shutting his eyes on occasion. His actively levels is none to little. His tank should be at the right temps because he was opening his mouth all cute which i heard his a way they release heat. I give him 2 baths a day each 10-15 min. he just sits in the little tub aware. He has not ate in 2 days. I heard i can try chicken flavor or squash baby food...any thoughts? I also heard about given him kiwi Gatorade if he has a digestion problem. I really want this guy to make it, but i don't have many for a vet. His stomach is very empty feeling when i pick him up. He attaches to my hand like velcro and hates when i put him back in the cage. Sorry for the long winded speech just trying to give as much info as i can. There is good news tho...the little guy sleeps like a baby. Thanks in advance for any advice, and lets hope COURAGE (his name) the cowardly dragon (aka) makes it.

PS: he did poop yesterday after his bath it was dark color buy also had a little piece of white poo.

Tank size - 20gal
Temperature in tank: 91F during the day ( basking area is about 10 degrees hotter slightly above 100)/Mid 70's at night
Substrate- a mix of paper towels and slate tile
UVB - Zilla Desert series T8 Fluorescent bulb (tube) 15watts
Food - offering crickets with calcium powder 2-3x daily. he has eaten between 3-5 crickets in the last 3 days. offering veggies daily - Collard , mustard, and turnip greens. Tonight was 1st night i tried squash baby food , he had a few licks.

BrownEyes187

Hatchling Member
Ditch the zilla lamp, its crap. Do u live in a warm climate? Lots of sun??
Research mega ray or T rex bulbs.

Try enticing your little one with wax/butter worms...See how that goes. Continue with the baths, but try for slightly longer ones...30+ Min...See how that goes.

Btw, id stay away from gatorade...Its full of sugar and artificial colors/flavours...god knows how those chemicals could affect your pet.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could use flavored Pedialtye diluted with 3 parts water, put drops on his nose that he should lick off.

It's very hard to get the temps right in a 20 gallon tank. What type of thermometer are you using?

You would be much better off using a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent bulb and placing it 6 to 8" from him. A mercury vapor bulb isn't an option for such as small tank as a minimum of 40 gallon should be used for one due to the high heat the MVB's produce and the high UV output.

For a baby, you should be dusting with calcium 5 days a wk but only 1 feeding a day and with vitamins the other 2 days a wk but only 1 feeding a day.

Please give us an update soon and order him a Repti-Sun 10.0 fluorescent bulb asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom