Need some advice on my dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently my dragon, Dagon got over a bout of mites. Since then hes become much less active and is not eating much at all. He hides unders his log most of the time and doesn't bask. This is in stark contrast compared to when I first got him. He would run all over when I took him out of the cage and ate like a horse. Thing is despite all this he seems still very healthy. He hasn't lost any weight he keeps his head and tail up and moves around fine when he actually wants to move. Could this be brumatation he is going through? I've read about it and he seems to exhibit the symptoms of it.
Also while I know most people wouldn't recommend this I'm thinking about giving up on trying to feed him greens. I've tried everything and he won't eat them. Even put baby food on them and he won't touch them. This has been going on since I got him, I given him collards, mustard, kale, dandelions, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, carrots, and can barely get a nibble. He like insects usually feed super worms.
The temps in my cage are 85 on the cool and 110 on the hot, its a 60 gal tank and have a reptisun 5.0 tube. I bath him once a week and keep his cage clean.Also he is about a year and a half old and 15 in long. I didn't raise him I got him about 3 months ago.
I just want to know from some of the more experienced people around here if my lizard is ok. I took him to the vet when he got the mites and she said that he seems healthy after the mites were gone. She recommended that I feed him baby food with a syringe which I have been he takes that alright but its not something I want to have to keep doing.

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Seems small for a year and a half...
If you really want him to eat veggies dip your finger in baby food and wiggle it in front of his face. Since he eats worms he will probably try to eat your finger, but he will get veggies. :lol:

bradlush

I got Misa at 3 years old, she would only eat crix and her previuos slave didn't seem to mind. I got her to start eating veggies like a ninja. I cut greens into 1/2" by 2" strips and tong feed her a cricket then while she was chewing I quickly stuck a strip in her mouth, since she was already chewing she just kept going eating some Bok Choy! It took a few weeks but now she eats swiss chard, collards, and dandelion as well.
But her favorite seems to be Baby Bok Choy.
Sorry if this doesn't work for you but in my experience... NINJA your Beardie!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
You might want to try taking the temps on your basking spot down a couple degrees. Scorch will not go on her basking spot if it is above 100*. She prefers the high 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom