Need Some advice....About a BD that ate a firefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
Hello All:

Another beardie slave has a BD who was fed a firefly by someone who did know not that fire-flies were bad for BD's. Can anyone give me any definitive treatment I can pass on to her, ASAP. What would the vet do in a situation like this? Is there anything SHE can do?

Thanks in advance.

Emerald

Signaturewithquotes-1-2-1.gif
MY ZOO CREW OWNS ME: 3
SMALLFireBreathingDragonpic-1-1.gif
Fire Breathing Dragons:
Sir Darwin,Miss Sydney,2.5 yrs; (RIP:6-27-10); Precious,18 mths; (RIP:1-18-10); Rusty, AKA:The Torpedo, 5yrs; Baby (RIP:12-30-09); Bubba, 5yrs; RN APBT Romeo, (RIP:12-30-08), 9 yrs; Bailey, APBT, 3 yrs; Marley, BN APBT, 4 yrs; Madison, Boxer mix,12 yrs; Sable, Beagle mix,12 yrs; Cockatiels: Caesar, Kaiser,3.5 yrs; Miss Sophia, brown/white albino mouse,18 mths; Angel,Juvenile Horned Lizard,(RIP:5-23-10); 3 (12) day old Bunnies: Honey,(RIP:7-4-10); Magic,(RIP:7-5-10); Crystal,(RIP:7-5-10).
18 Heart's of Love (4/10)

RosePhoto-1.gif
"Quality of life is about treating each other well in every situation. We are the trustees of each other's happiness and well-being in life."
RosePhoto-1.gif

PunishTheDeedNotTheBreed-1.jpg
PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED! STOP BLAMING THE DOG.
PitBullSmiley1-1.gif
BLAME THE OWNER.
PitBullSmiley2-1.gif
PLEASE DON'T DEPRIVE ANIMAL LOVERS OF THEIR WELL-BEHAVED PETS! PLEASE VOTE NO ON ALL BSL (BREED SPECIFIC LEGISLATION)

libinoz

Hi, the only cure that I have read about was posted on this site on 12/7 by Megabear. Activated charcoal, parsley and cilantro I believe. Good luck. We are fortunate here in Australia that we do not have fireflies!

carriej73

I've been doing research all day, since unfortunately my beardie ate one last night. She is still alive and acting almost normal now 25 hours later, except her mouth is open. The only treatment at all that I was able to find was the one on this site- the activated charcoal, cilantro and parsely. Another place said pedialyte. So I did a combo of both, but she wasn't treated until several hours after she ate it.

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Carrie:

Did you try to call me earlier today? I received a phone call from a Pogona member. I did not reach the phone in time. Was that you?

Emerald

Signaturewithquotes-1.gif
MY ZOO CREW OWNS ME: 3
FireBreathingDragon.gif
Fire Breathing Dragons:
Sir Darwin,Miss Sydney,2.5 yrs; (RIP:6-27-10); Precious,18 mths; (RIP:1-18-10); Rusty, AKA:The Torpedo, 5yrs; Baby (RIP:12-30-09); Bubba, 5yrs; RN APBT Romeo, (RIP:12-30-08), 9 yrs; Bailey, APBT, 3 yrs; Marley, BN APBT, 4 yrs; Madison, Boxer mix,12 yrs; Sable, Beagle mix,12 yrs; Cockatiels: Caesar, Kaiser,3.5 yrs; Miss Sophia, brown/white albino mouse,18 mths; Angel,Juvenile Horned Lizard,(RIP:5-23-10); 3 (12) day old Bunnies: Honey,(RIP:7-4-10); Magic,(RIP:7-5-10); Crystal,(RIP:7-5-10).
18 Heart's of Love (4/10)

RosePhoto-1.gif
"Quality of life is about treating each other well in every situation. We are the trustees of each other's happiness and well-being in life."
RosePhoto-1.gif

PunishTheDeedNotTheBreed-1.jpg
PUNISH THE DEED, NOT THE BREED! STOP BLAMING THE DOG.
PitBullSmiley1-1.gif
BLAME THE OWNER.
PitBullSmiley2-1.gif
PLEASE DON'T DEPRIVE ANIMAL LOVERS OF THEIR WELL-BEHAVED PETS! PLEASE VOTE NO ON ALL BSL (BREED SPECIFIC LEGISLATION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom