Need Serious info on my Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

danab

Hatchling Member
Is your breeder bin clear? You might want to consider putting your breeder dubias in the "dark". They really don't like the light and are happy campers breeding like mad when they aren't disturbed too much. We have our dubias in a giant insulated metal breeding box (heated in winter) in our garage. Breeders have their own large tub at the bottom that only gets disturbed when we feed them or replace their water crystals, remove frass or take out some roaches to add to our feeder bin. Zero light.

The only humidity they get is from the water crystals and they are doing well. I don't even monitor it anymore.

I've never seen any holes made in the eggcrates. If you are using roach chow I'm not sure why they would be eating them? We make our own chow out of alfalfa, bran, unmedicated chicken egg laying mash, and all natural dog food. Throw it all in the blender and store it in the fridge.

I am from Hawaii and it took me some time to get used to breeding roaches. I still get yucky feelings from the large adults and handle them with gloves on LOL. I couldn't stand the thought of thousands of them being in the house which is why they are in the garage. When people see the breeding box they are pretty surprised that they survive the CO winter out there. So having them in your bedroom.......eek eeek I couldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom