Need opinions regarding treats

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
Well here's my dilema, I want to start offering oscar treats such as supers or wax worms, but Im very afraid that he will like them too much and deny his crickets. He is on a cricket only diet (with greens of course) and that seems to work extremely well as he is almost 17 inches and going to be 5 months on the 9th of February. (I seriously despise crickets now but I deal /w it)

I plan two feed him a max of 2 treats every other day (most likely at different times). Do you guys think that he will no longer be interested in his crickets if I start offering him treats? Please base answer's off past experience :) :) :) thanks!

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
for "treat" food i dont have a set time to feed them. supers are really "treats" as they could be used for a staple. but since i feed crix i sometimes just buy like 50 supers and thats what he gets for that day. waxworms i buy les often. but ill buy say 50. and give him like 5 every day while feeding crix or on top of salad. but i might buy supers once a month, wax's only like once every other month at most. and maybe 3 or 4 pinkies a year. Phoenix has never got hooked on worms and refsed crix. but if yours does then dont feed for a few days, then offer crix. he should eat out of hnger. then dont feed the worms for a while.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I feed Dasiy wax worms, very rarely but when I do I go all out. I will usually give her a can of about 100 that lasts about 2 weeks.I do this very rarely though I have only done it 2 times in the 10 months that I have owned her. She has never stopped eating her crickets because of the wax worms. And then I gave her a banana the other day. She really liked it but I am only going to give her one every other month. And then my boyfriend thought that she would like some chex so he gave her 2 pieces and she thought that was the best thing ever. I had to explain to him that she is not a dog :roll: So that will never happen again. I hoped this helped :)

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
we have a reptile expo about once a month (just hadone today actually!), I buy stuff I can't normally buy at the store, like horn worms and today I bought silk worms, butter worms for treats so they will eat that till they are gone then the next expo I will buy them more treats. So they get treats for a couple of days a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom