Need Ideas for multiple stackable cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayAreaReptiles

Hatchling Member
Here it is, I am at 6 Dragons now and I need space. I have a back room that has a good amount of space. My question is does anyone have pics or plans for multiple cage (stackable). her is the area I have to work with 9' X 3' X 2'. I do have room to make it wider, but I think 36" should be fine. I have a uncle that owns a plexiglass Fab. company. So im thinking sliding plexi doors.
Thanks.
Any pics or Ideas would be great.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
the "crossfire" enclosure design is fairly easily converted to be a stacked viv. just add feet or some other spacer between each viv and stack em up! (or build it as one tall unit, but then it's not "stacked" so much as a condo)

BayAreaReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jargonchipmunk":c25da said:
the "crossfire" enclosure design is fairly easily converted to be a stacked viv. just add feet or some other spacer between each viv and stack em up! (or build it as one tall unit, but then it's not "stacked" so much as a condo)

Thanks, jargonchipmunk thats a good idea. I was thinking I can maybe do two units with each unit having two enclosures. The reason I want to do two separate ones is that I live in an apartment in S.F. on the third floor and no elevator :angry5: :angry5: That would suck having to move a big 8foot unit down 3 flights of stairs. My big question is what could I do to reinforce the wood between the two units? also would the wood bow? So far im thinking each unit can be 36"w X 24"Deep X 40" high that would be two cages.
Any input would be great.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
as far as the wood bowing, the weight from the top one should be distributed down the sides to the sides of the top of the bottom enclosure if that makes any sense. Basically, all the weight will be transferred from the very top of the unit down to the floor via vertical wood so nothing should have reason to bow.

BayAreaReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jargonchipmunk":124d3 said:
as far as the wood bowing, the weight from the top one should be distributed down the sides to the sides of the top of the bottom enclosure if that makes any sense. Basically, all the weight will be transferred from the very top of the unit down to the floor via vertical wood so nothing should have reason to bow.
Sounds good. :D :blob5: :blob8: I was wondering if anyone knows how much a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 melamine cost? and does Lowes or Home Depot cut it to size for you?
Thanks

BayAreaReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Skrap":ad8b0 said:
http://www.repticzone.com/forums/BeardedDragonCommunity/messages/1940408.html

Epic Win for the PamEdel Condo

Thanks Scrap that is the one im going to do. I went to lowes today and priced it out and this is more cost efficient and I think it will be more sturdy that single units stacked. I will bolt it to the wall because of California Earthquakes. :D :D :D :D

I agree EPIC WINNNNN PamEdel Condo

Skrap

Sweeet!

I am moving at the end of the month, so when I get into my new house i am gonna take a crack at it myself. Throw up a pic when you get yours finished. :D

BayAreaReptiles

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Skrap":8e860 said:
Sweeet!

I am moving at the end of the month, so when I get into my new house i am gonna take a crack at it myself. Throw up a pic when you get yours finished. :D

Im going to buy the shelves this weekend, and get started on it next week. This unit will save me so much space. I think I am going to make the top two shelves only 36" across to give me room for two incubators. I thought about putting the incubator on the top but the temps would be way to unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom