Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazul

A friend of mine has adopted a bearded dragon that was turned in for adoption at Petco. Unfortunately, all we know about the beardie is that it was fed calcium powder when she was fed crickets. She also has four swollen limbs, swollen enough that she has trouble bending them to walk. I don't know the set-up my friend has but she has other bearded dragons so I'm sure she has a proper set-up. My friend hasn't been able to get it into see a vet yet, and with all the other reptiles she owns, I'm not sure if she will have the extra money for another week or so.

My first thought was that the beardie was suffering from MBD, but I also was wondering if it could be an infection that's causing such swelling?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
That poor beardie.Well I am glad your friend is taking care of it.Yes there are other infections that could do this.Things like gout or even fungal infections can cause swelling as well.The best thing to do is to get the beardie to the vet for bloodwork and xrays.Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom