Need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes134

I have two 3-4 month old female bearded dragons housed together. They get UVB lighting for 14 hours/day and temp stays around 100-110 degrees in basking spot and 75 degrees on the cool end. One of my beardies is not eating now. I offer insects (crickets) twice a day, a salad once a day and commercial pellets offered throughout the day. She has lost considerable amount of weight. Her eyes are not bright like they used to be and she's very lethargic. She is not pooping. They both just finished shedding. My other baby is flourishing, eating like a monster and a big chubby belly. I did just offer dubia roaches and it seems like once they finished them off she has not interest at all in the crickets (is she being picky?). I tried feeding them both separate figuring maybe she was being bullied. Even separated she has no interest in feeding. She still does head bobbing behavior and arm waving. I don't know if maybe its brumation but I know they usually don't go through it the first year.They get warm baths 2-3 times weekly. My other beardie went through a similar experience but did not experience this kind of weight loss. I have recently started syringe feeding emergency supplement and baby food. I don't know if a vet visit is warranted (I'm trying to talk the wife into it). These are my first beardies, but I have been raising reptiles all my life. Thanks for any input or advice

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'll see if I can help in any way....so these babies are housed together? Were they from the same parents, or different places ? A picture would be helpful to see her condition. If they are still housed together, she would really benefit from being separated so that she will not feel threatened by the other dragon and feel more free to resume eating. If she's [ or possibly he ? ] is head bobbing + arm waving, there is definitely stress, even if the other dragon is not actively bullying her. If you separate them, put the stronger beardie in the new tank, so this weak one doesn't go through relocation stress all over. Let her stay in the original tank. And if she is partial to dubias, it would be good to get those for her since she is still a juvie and needs the protein. Sometimes to get them eating crickets again, you can smash one until the guts come out the back and then rub it lightly on her nose. [ I know it's gross :( ] How long has it been since her last b.m. ? If you think she's impacted, you could try a little canned pumpkin [ without spices ] that usually helps them to go. Hopefully the baby will do better with a few changes.

Chompy

I would get a second set up and separate them. One of my beardies ate the other. I've learned they are very territorial. I learned the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom