jdr360

Hi, we bought the following:

- 36"x18"x24" Exo-Terra Large Glass Terrarium PT-2614
- 2xExo-Terra Porcelain Clamp Lamp+Glow Reflector PT-2054
- Exo-Terra SunGlo Tight Beam 150w Basking Spot Lamp PT-2140
- Exo-Terra ReptiGlo 10.0 Compact Desert Lamp PT-2189
- 3xBags of Exo-Terra Desert Sand PT-3100
- Exo-Terra 11"x17" HeatWave Substrate Heater PT-2040

All of the above was bought at PJ's Pet Centres at SquareOne Mall in Mississauga Ontario Canada. Our question is, the Terrarium does not heat up enough we think. After having the lights on all day, it only gets up to 30-32c/87f at the basking site. Is this warm enough for a beared dragon?

If not, can you give me the part number of a canopy that would fit this Terrarium and the part number of the UVB and basking lights that we should use. We are new to this and are setting up everything first before we get a bearded dragon.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The compact/coil uvb's are terrible. You need to get a Reptisun 10, the long fluorescent strip. If you can't find that, the reptisun 5 then the reptiglo 8. Just make sure you don't get the compact/coil ones.

Also, forget the sand. The best substrate for beardies, espcially babies, are any non-partical ones. Such as shelf liner, tile, papertowels.

The undertank heater is also not recommended. You need to use a regular house hold bulb or a hallogen flood bulb in a wattage that gets the temps between 95 and 110. Closer to 110 for babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom