need help with super colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucks121

i started a superworm colony, got some supers from a pet store

i now have beetles probably around 30 or so they seem to all huddle in a corner alot the odd one will walk around explore and eat

had about 5 beetles die in the past 3 weeks
at the 3 week period of having beetles i took the substrate out and put it in a separate container for the babys to hatch

been about 5 days since i removed the substrate and still dont see any babys i put carrots in when the others dry up

i use oats for substrate in the beetles,supers
use carrots for water source and the odd stem from my beardies veggies

my question is am i doing something wrong i thought after 3 weeks i remove substrate ill get some baby supers but i dont see any and the beetles continue to pile each other in a corner is this normal?

i have about 50 more pupas atm so i want to fix anything wrong before the new beetles come

Not sure what temps you have your beetle's at but about 85 is good for breeding. They like darkness and not disturbed much. egg crates help them feel secure. humidity around 30% - 40%. And a lot of damn time :) I didn't see worms for 2 months after beetles and they were hard to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom