NEED help with something relating my 10 month beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is 10 months. have had him since he was and egg from mommy's belly. anyways he is 10 months old and yet his size doesnt seem to be up to par with what i should be seeing. he is about 1.5 feet long. but his tail is super long. and his body is quite small. he is in with the mother beardie. shes is almost 4 years old, and length is close to the same but the 10 month just seems way to small for his age. why isnt he getting bigger? the father was a pure bread german giant beardie but died 9 months ago from old age. he was 26. and a whopping 3.5. feet long he was a big boy. but why isnt my little guy not getting bigger? when hes almost a year old come june

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Health]

It could be that he's not eating enough food because the mother either ate it all or not allowing your beardie to.

Try feeding him separately, out of the tank. Better yet, give him his own viv.

maryjanedoyle

Original Poster
no its not that he eats alot trust me. like alot. she always lets him eat first its odd watchin it haha i alway have crickets in there hes always muching. once a week i give them silk worms. every 2 days superworms. every 2 weeks i give mom (mary-jane) 3 pinkies. so they are well fed. and i just put him in the tank with her a month ago. she needed someone she was super depressed from when the male died.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He really should be separated from the mother. I would hate to have him try to mate with her, which could happen since he is maturing sexually.
Are you using a UVB light? If so, what type & brand is it, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light?
Tell us more about your tank setup so we can help you better.
If he is eating alot but not growing or gaining weight, that is a sign of worms. I would get a fecal on him. Stress from being housed with another dragon can cause their worm or parasite levels to elevate.

Tracie

maryjanedoyle

Original Poster
ya i have UVB lighting in there. its eco-terra tube style. he has only been in the same tank for a month since ive moved have had no room for his tank. stress level isnt a factor they r both active and well and happy. typical 4 foot by 3 feet tank with calcium sand hiding rock heat rock waer dish food dish high levle baskin areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom