Need help with proper uvb lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preezy

Hi guys. So I have a 4x2x2 enclosure. I've been using a 22" Reptisun T5 10.0 HO bulb with a reflector mounted all the way at the top alongside his backing spot. I'm wanting to upgrade to a longer bulb since this is a bulb I was using for his previous enclosure.

My question is where do I even mount this thing? My understanding is that the beardie needs to be within 12 inches from the bulb..my enclosure is now a whole 2 feet high. I'm worried Drake is no longer getting adequate uvb. What do I do? Do I just mount it on the side midway? His basking spot is a little bit elevated but not by much.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
this will help you figure it out : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

Ideal distance for a T5HO 12% UVB is 30cm.

I calculate the ideal distance for T5HO 14% UVB is about 35cm.

Basis for above :
1) good quality focusing reflector hood
2) no obstruction / no mesh.
3) 200 microW UVB / sq.cm at the basking spot.

Provide an elevated basking platform that your dragon can use to get to the required distance from the bottom surface of the tube (mounted in a reflector hood, which is fixed to the ceiling of the tank).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom