need help with a beardie behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

terabith

i adopted a 4-5 year old beardie a couple days ago, and i don't think he was taken care of very well by his last owner (no attention/handling, too cold environment, almost no variation in diet). i have a full time job so i'm slowly getting things he needs. anyways, today i hand fed him some water (no dropper yet, a carrot stick was handy so i used that x.x) and every few minutes he would raise his back half up like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBsRr0R2HZw

i've done a LOT of reading on bearded dragons in the last couple days but never heard of anything like this. if anyone has thoughts on what he's trying to tell me here that would be awesome.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Very odd. The only time I've seen a beardie do that is when they're drinking from a bowl. They lift themselves up and flatten out like that. Did you ever hear Steve Irwin say "Flat out like a lizard drinking!"? Now I don't know why your beardie would be doing that when he's drinking drops of water off of his nose. Did he have a water dish in his old home? Maybe he's just used to being in that posture while drinking. :dontknow:

terabith

Original Poster
hmm yea maybe, his last owner gave him water in a water dish but i'm not sure how he used it. i'll be asking the previous owner about this today.

but i think you're right, thanks =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom