Need help now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy93

i bought a beardeie yesterday. he basked for a while after we got him then he went into hidig. He hasn't been out since yesterday at about dinnertime. He's about to start shedding. Could that be why he's hiding? Should I juast picking him up and put him underthe heat lamp? This is the first beardie I've had so I'm not sure.

Congratulations on your new BD :blob5: I just bought a new baby this past Monday too. The breeder told me the worse thing you can do is provide hiding spots for a new Baby BD. She said, maybe in a few months you can but when they are new you don't want them hiding. It made sense to me so I don't have anything she can hide in. It seems to be working for me. She's becoming more relaxed & trusting of me.

You may want to take out any hiding areas you have. However, you did need to have a cool side of about 85F. I do have one of those half circle tree logs that gives her a little shade. She doesn't seem to hide in it but she does like to sleep under it at night. I feel comfortable with that.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Hello and welcome :D Beardies do go through a relocation thing takes them a few days to really settle in. Can you imagine shedding on top of your whole world changing? :shock: I'm sure he/she will come around! I know nothing about whether a baby should have a hide or not honestly. I'd say give the baby a few days to settle in before you handle. What is your set-up like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom