Need help (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have been reading everyones quetion and it appears that this is the right place to come for answers. I use to live in florida and I have 3 bearded dragons but i moved back home which is in caribbean, but now i am running into the problem with food. I get worms or roaches everytime I fy back to the states which was often but now i have a job that i am not able to get back to the states as often, so now i am looking into trying build a colony either with worms or roaches. I know you guys are going to say get roaches but the problem is that the last time i carryed roaches a lady that sat next to me in the plane saw the container i had them in and kind of freek.(also my wife hates roaches, and the airlines in scared they get away). so me carrying them on the plane became a problem. I was wondering what you guys think is best for me to do. I research on getting horn worms eggs and just breeding them but they eat tomatoe plants and i am not sure if horn worms are here so i don't want to take that chance and one get away and then i am responsible for introducing a new species to the island. So i looked into silk worms which is easy but then they eat special food which i see is expensive. Do you guys know how long the 4lbs mix of food for them would last. I have also tryed the freeze dried food and they eat it but we all know that its not the best food for them. Is there any roach that lays eggs that i can carry back with me. I have read just about every post and i know there is none like this lol. I need your help guys.

Blackbarrron

Original Poster
Thank you INCA

do you know were i can get turkistan roaches from. I really don't know anyhting about them. do they climb and how fast do they breed.

INCA

Hatchling Member
they dont climb. produce alott faster that dubia. there adult size is very close to the size of an adult cricket.

Blackbarrron

Original Poster
That's great now i just have to find someone that would sell me some eggs. Also i don't live in florida but that is were i would be flying most likely i wonder if they would understand and send it to me still. I would not be keeping them there and i would try to make them reach when i'm about to leave so it wouldn't even stay in florida that long. INCA do you still have them as your feeding supply. I really appreaciate your help I hope i can find some eggs

INCA

Hatchling Member
yea i have had them for about a month now. TONS OF EGGS EVERYWHERRE!! i use them for babies to 4 months old and after that 4 months and older my bds eat dubia.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Whats your local roaches down there? I believe discoids and craniifer both might be local. You could harvest about 50-100 adults and breed them, I wouldnt feed anything from this colony until you have reached the 3rd generation and check for parasites and all those pesty little critters that might be on them. Once you know they are clean then you could start feeding from them. I would recommend cleaning a lot!!!
Make sure you harvest somewhere that is in the "wild" and off the beaten path to make sure that no one has sprayed any chemicals on them, then your just have to worry about disease's and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom