Need help, constipation/possible impaction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my beardie is about 8months old, and has been quite lethargic and down the last four days, eating but less and generally not happy.
Thought he could be partially brumating but in his poop today there were undigested calci worms. Other than that the pop looked fine. He has also still pooped every
He does get a few too many mealworms (feel incredibly guilty now) so will stop those immediately. I’ve just puréed some prunes and he’s licked a little of it, am going to cook an apple up shortly.
I also gave him a bath a little while ago and he does look the best he has done for a few days, so I’m hoping he’s passed whatever was giving him discomfort.
I am going to give him another bath shortly and persevere with the prunes although I don’t have a syringe.

I am going to leave him veg and a few calci worms in the morning along with the prunes and hope that he eats it.

Advice welcome! I don’t think it’s impaction as he’s still pooping but something definitely isn’t right.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there. It's actually common for beardies to have completely undigested calci worms in their poo. Larger beardies often don't chew them and they somehow survive the digestive juices and come out whole. Id suggest a different feeder insect, superworms, crickets, silkworms + dubia roaches.

lgracethompson94

Original Poster
Ah that’s great, thanks for your advice. I think impaction is out of the question now and more likely brumation, I’m getting a faecal sent away and will likely book a vets appointment for Friday once I find which local one will be able to examine him.

As a precaution I left him lots of veggies and a few worms (he’s got a delivery coming today of various things so will offer him a few of those when I get home).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom