need advise please

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamski

hi all thanks for reading this,

i'm in the stage of building my own vivarium it's 6ft wide, 3ft high and 2ft deep, just need advise on how many bearded dragons i can have in it i was thinking of 3, 1 male and 2 females, if you could please reply to this thread would be a great help, i'll link a pic of my viv tomorrow, i'm going to have the Powersun UV 160 watt for the heater+light

bigmac1

Juvie Member
i would say just two dragons, unless your are going to have the females together which i dont recommend but its all up to you. i would like to see some pics

adamski

Original Poster
i have just finished the front frame to my viv, i just need to get the glass which i've got a glass cutter very near to where i live, but today i'm going to start on kitting out the inside of the viv like the light, temp reader, bowls one food one water, basking rocks and branchs, and the play sand to line out my viv in , and some stuff for them to climb up on, is there anything that i'm forgeting ? do i need a fluorescent light that stretches the length of my viv as well as the powersun 160 watt, http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=340? or just stay with the powersun light?

bigmac1

Juvie Member
adamski":10607 said:
i have just finished the front frame to my viv, i just need to get the glass which i've got a glass cutter very near to where i live, but today i'm going to start on kitting out the inside of the viv like the light, temp reader, bowls one food one water, basking rocks and branchs, and the play sand to line out my viv in , and some stuff for them to climb up on, is there anything that i'm forgeting ? do i need a fluorescent light that stretches the length of my viv as well as the powersun 160 watt, http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=340? or just stay with the powersun light?
you already might have them but you need vents and wood sealer unless you are using melamine,if you are using mercury vapor bulb then you dont need a fluorescent that stretches the length of the viv since mvb provides heat and uvb but many people add the fluorescents for extra light.

adamski

Original Poster
i've just put the vents in today, and i've already sealed everything with silicone sealant,i just need to clue the runners on for the glass and order the glass too. then it's just a case of kitting the inside out

bigmac1

Juvie Member
then you are almost done i am also building my tanks right now im almost done all i need is the glass i am building a 3 level enclosure so i can house 3 dragons all in seperate tanks.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
I don't think its recomended to put more than one dragon in one viv. there are usually dominace issues & one could end up mamed or dead.
read some posts in the ER section & you will see.

adamski

Original Poster
better size pics of my 1st viv i'm building
P1010474.jpg
P1010470.jpg

i think we are going to have 2 bearded dragons 1 male 1 female

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
I would put 2 females together before I would put a male and female together. Especially since you're going to introduce them from such a young age. As the male gets older he will breed the female, and the male is sexually mature at 6-8 months, while the female isn't sexually mature until she's 18 months. I, myself, would not house any dragons together though. But it's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom