NEED ADVICE ON LIGHT-TIMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi looking to buy a light timer for my viv, i have a CHE, an arcadia basking lamp and an arcadia uvb tube. can some please advice on what sort of timer I would need and to turn the tube and basking light off at night.they are plugged in separately so maybe I need two timers? Im just worried cuz i have to go away for a few days and don't really have anyone i can trust to look after her.
Many thanks
Aine

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Keep it simple - I use these http://hpm.com.au/products/slimline-digital-timer for my UV and basking lamps , and they are essentially set and forget. My lights for 5 tanks are on a powerboard which is connected to a timer. All the lights turn on/off simultaneously. (My set up involves 3x 26W UVB200 for the beardies, 2x 26W UVB150 for the bts, 3x 80W basking lamps (par38 Philips) for the beardies, 2x 60W basking lamps for the bts).

You could use one to control your CHE and thermostat turning them on when the lights are turned off by the lights timer.

AineLovesSteves

Original Poster
my CHE turns on automatically when the basking light is off due to the fall in temperature.just a bit confused as there are so many timers out there and i have very little money to waste buying one that isnt suitable.thanks for your reply

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I don't need to use any CHEs as my winters are very warm compared to those most on this board experience.
That said , I am not aware of any CHEs which have builtin thermostats, I presume you have your's connected to a thermostat that automatically turns the CHE on when the tank temperature drops below a preset temperature.

My basking lamps and UV lamps are on a simple timer.

You can easily set your heating up so the lights turn on and off automatically each day , and your CHE's thermostat turns on your CHE at night when needed. I wouldn't waste money on a special reptile timer or timer/thermostat-combo, just a simple timer is all you need.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
89112-9404205479.jpg

Top left plug runs UVB from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm
Top right is 24/7 power to CHE
Bottom timer runs Basking light form 6:00 am to 10:00 pm

Not the prettiest or best setup, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom