Need a vet in Rhode Island/MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lele

Hatchling Member
Hi all,

Darwin, 9 1/2 year old translucent, had what looks like blood in his poop this morning. This is a first and of course I am concerned. I recently moved to RI from NH so no vet for him so far. I know there is OSVS down in Greenwich but I just lost my cat to lymphoma and am trying to pay off $3000 while unemployed. They are great, but very expensive just for a consult (they are all highly specialized) and it is an emergency hospital.

I live in Lincoln, which is just north of Providence. I am also close to N/Attleboro, MA area. So anyone with first hand experience with a GOOD vet who listens to the keeper (who knows her animal's history) please suggest!

Thanks,
worried in RI

lele

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":tdyppc9q said:
Hello,
So sorry your post got missed.
Have you tried:
http://www.herpvetconnection.com
Here is the specific area on there for Massachusetts:
http://www.herpvetconnection.com/mass.shtml
How is Darwin doing?
Tracie

Hi Tracie,

Thanks for replying. Herpvetconnection is kind of out of date and the most in MA are too far or have no feedback. I was hoping someone could give me first hand opinion.

Anyway, he has not pooped blood again. He is doing his usual of not eating :/ This is the time of year I always worry because he goes into brumation with little reserve. He will be 10 in Feb! I have been trying the serrapeptase and milk thistle again, but not with same results as last year. I fear I will be force feeding him - he gets so upset and stressed I always hate to do it :(

Bonnie & her boy!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Bonnie,

Yes, I agree it is a bit out of date, but not much else out there other than word of mouth recommendations.
How is he doing today?
I hope he is feeling a little bit better.
Off hand I don't know of anyone but will keep checking around. At 10 he is doing great! Is he active or just thinking about trying to brumate now?
I know, assisted feeding is hard on you both.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom