neck biting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had both of my beardies out in my room. one being an adult and the other, still a juvie. the adult has not long started head bobbing and earlier i caught him biting the juvie on the neck. iv read that this is a sign of him being ready to breed. i know the adult is a male but does this mean that the juvie is a female? as he is showing signs of sexual activity towards the juvie... does this prove anything?

rockstar1992

Original Poster
okay thanks for the help. iv read up on this a while ago when i was having trouble sexing the adult but i know that it is very difficult if not impossible to determine the sex of a juvie until they are around 8 months old. im hoping the juvie is a female as i am hoping to bread them in the next few years. thanks again :D

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
How old's your juvie? I got mine at 6 months and my boyfriend was able to tell her sex without a problem. The article says you can tell at 7-8".
Sara

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I hear the love song by Barry white now!! :lol: I think some one ether got some or wants some!!! :lol: Good luck.....

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
I was able to tell at two months with mine. On the 'alleged' female, can you see the row of pores CLEARLY on the underside of the rear legs, or slightly/not at all?

If it is clearly showing, it is a male, and the action indicates dominance. If they are not clearly visible, then it is a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom