NC beardie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Someone has a beardie posted on Craigslist near me, that is an adult and lives in calci-sand in a 10 gallon aquarium and is about 10 - 12 inches long.
Here is a link
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/pet/982823505.html

I emailed and asked about the beardie and here is what I got. (copied from email I recd).
He was a baby when I got him about a year ago. Really not sure if it's male or female. He appears to be in good health. He has grown a lot. Is now 10-12" long. I paid $100 for him when he was a baby. It would be nice to recoup most of that.

I have emailed back asking for more info and advising that a 10 gallon tank is not a good home and so forth, and how much for just the beardie. I am not sure if I will hear back or not. But I am willing to help with the rescue train if we can find someone to take him/her. Poor baby.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Update, she emailed me back again, and said thanks, but she had someone interested in the beardie now. I am not sure if she does have someone, or if she just didnt like my email and told me that to get me to leave her alone.
If we find anyone interested, we can have someone else email her and see if we can get this adult out of a 10 gallon tank.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
I know this was posted a while ago but I've emailed to ask if this beardie is still available. I'm considering taking in a rescue because I have been inspired by Campbell Jane and Ruben's story. I can't take one that is going to need intense medical attention, however, until we are back on two incomes (I got downsized in December at the financial services firm I was working at and am trying to find another position in this terrible economy argh!).

I'm looking into several rescues so no guarantees that I will take this one because of the location...I saw the post for the 4 beardies in PA, which is closer so I'm not sure.

I live in Stedman, NC (a little town outside of Fayetteville). I can try to help if it's needed. My beardie lives in a 30 gallon with carpet. And silk plants, and rocks, and basking spots, and a ladder, and a hammock, and a skull, and a, aww heck, everybody in my house is spoiled rotten. Let us know.
Jessie and Spot.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
BarkAtTheMoon":63139 said:
I live in Stedman, NC (a little town outside of Fayetteville). I can try to help if it's needed. My beardie lives in a 30 gallon with carpet. And silk plants, and rocks, and basking spots, and a ladder, and a hammock, and a skull, and a, aww heck, everybody in my house is spoiled rotten. Let us know.
Jessie and Spot.

Sigh, she said he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom