Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, those are great detailed pics of the ramp and them happily enjoying themselves. You're very clever with the way you set them up.

Can't believe Imp is up to 153 grams and is over 14" long already. :eek: He sure looks happy & content. Bet your friend did enjoy him a lot, such fun.

Sorry to hear that Rocco isn't acting like himself. Hope he can start acting better tomorrow. Must be worrisome for you especially when he turned black like that.

Absolututely love that picture of Cierra and Imp. Guess he actually sat still for a few minutes. :mrgreen:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Diane, he can, but only on my shoulder :lol: And yes, my friend just adored him, I sent her some othe recent pics.

I'm going to check on Rocco now, he sure scared me. asked a friend who's an expert on geckos, said being stressed and cold (he'd been on his plant's earth for awhile and going through a terrible shed, for the first time having issues. I'm sure he'll be ok but I've never seen him black, sure scared me!

I couldn't believe the scale either! He's gained almost 100g since since I first brought him home in January.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I had no idea he was hugging her because I couldn't see them until the picture. He's such a sweetie and loves his sister. The big boys, not so much :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Perhaps Rocco's dark colors was only a reaction to being put into a bath, almost as a shock of something new.
He drowns his worms?! To save to eat later or just because he can?

That is such an endearing photo of Imp and Cierra! I'll bet he loved hugging his big sister.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's a complete mystery to me, Gina, why he does this. If he's tired of them, I'll give him some crickets tonight to see if he even wants to eat. he was fatter than he is now just a week ago, so he's not eating near enough. I'll try dusting with Repashy, I'll try one more work, but if that one's tossed, too, then it's crickets for awhile.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, Imp is growing up so fast! He's now 187g and 15" long as of this am. I got a good picture of him on Ella, and she's now moved beside his basking spot:
11887-5522915544.jpg

Caught a picture of Nathaniel doing his morning beard exercises
11887-3775989087.jpg

And a nice pic of Gabriel stretched out on the ramp:
11887-7182998508.jpg

Otherwise, nothing new, just getting through work days and trying to slow weekends down :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great pictures of your 3 Imp (sure is growing), Nathaniel and Gabriel, they all look great. :D

How are Cierra and Rocco doing?

Weekends go WAY too fast, don't they?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Weekends should be opposite of working, 2 days working, 5 days off, but then who would pay my bills? :lol:

Cierra dug for an hour today but no eggs. I put her laybox by the ramp so she can get in and out as she pleases and it's in sunshine (when it's sunny, which it was today). I put hot water in there to get the soil damp and warm it up. So I'm home on Tuesday, so she'll get in there again. The boys still go nuts as she's digging away, they're crazy, all 3 of them.

I'm glad you liked the pics, Imp is doing so well and growing so much! He'll be a year old around September, so will see how big he is then.

PogoLover

Juvie Member
Imp is still staying ahead of lucky, who is 169 grams and about 14.25 inches! It's so cool how their growth is so close. Lucky just finished an entire shed (still has a little bit of tail left to shed). I will post pics later in the week.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Weekends should be opposite of working, 2 days working, 5 days off, but then who would pay my bills? :lol:
I completely agree. :mrgreen: I swear that the days off go faster though as we age, so not fair. :roll:

Hope Cierra can lay those eggs very soon, poor girl. Good idea the way you have her laybox set up. Hopefully she will start laying tomorrow while you're there. Funny how her digging causes them to go crazy.

Hard to believe Imp will be a yr old in September. He's one handsome and colorful guy. :)

Is Rocco all better now?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Aww, Lucky isn't far behind, so bet he's bigger than Imp in the long run, we'll see in the fall!

I'm also hoping Cierra will lay her eggs tomorrow. She'll be in the box as soon as I get home from the physio.

And I got some Repashy Grubs 'n fruit from Joanne and he ate quite alot of it last night, so made some fresh. It's got lots of protein in it as well as fruit so I'm hoping he likes it as I"m ordering 3 oz of it for the weekend. Luckily, the owners of TheGeckoBox live in the next building, so Mark meets me and I don't pay shipping, which is handy.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
I'm so proud of Imp!!! Big handsome boy!! Nathaniel's beard is so funny, and that shade of black is so cool... XD Gabriel looks so comfy on the ramp.
What type if gecko is Rocco? A crestie like Bunny?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Rocco is a golden gecko and I'm not sure what's with him. But he is eating the Grub 'n Fruit from Repashy, so I'm hoping that brings back his appetite.

And thanks re: Imp, he's doing SO well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So Cierra has been getting bigger and bigger with eggs and I had the day off today. So I put her lay box together, warmed it up and she dug and dug and dug...for 4 hours. So I figured she wasn't ready and put her in a warm bath and she proceeded to lay 22 eggs while being held my me, the dragon midwife. I wrapped her up and snuggled with her, put food out for her and she's back in her tank basking. She's also lost 100g so hopefully she'll eat soon. I gave her water with bee pollen in it and she drank alot, gave her extra calcium today, too. So far, she's out in the living room running around and not interested in eating, hopefully she will tomorrow. I'll add some roaches to the supers in her dish in the am. I took some pics and will add them later. Nathaniel was out but when Cierra started glass dancing I let her out and she hasn't stopped running around. My wonder beardie :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom