Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
And here are the pics of Demetra, Lonzo and Didi. Dana just sent them to me.

And that is one happy dragon, Lonzo with a smile:

So it was a successful visit and we'll see if Dana and her hubby agree to a dragon!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awww, what great pictures of Demetra, Digi & Lonzo, not sure who enjoyed it more. :p You can see the love in her eyes for them.

I like the 1st 2 pics of Gabriel as well as the 1st 2 of Puff. The 3rd one of Lonzo was good. For Digi, 1 & 3. Hope that helps a little.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I took more pictures, as I'm home with a chest infection (I haven't felt well for a couple of weeks, went to the clinic & I'm on antibiotics for a week, hoping to be back to work by Wednesday, give the anitbiotics a chance to work) and here they are. I used the "bright" feature on my camera & I'm going to take them again in a minute without the bright to see how they turn out.

Leo (finally)
1)

2)

3)

4)

Gabriel
1)

2)

3)

4)

Puff

1)

2)

Lonzo

1)

2)

Didi

1)

2)

3)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
No something called Super Vivid, if I don't use that they are so washed out. I'm not sure what else to do. Are they too bright? I don't know how to get an in between, but I'll try again tomorrow.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
And my camera doesn't have landscape either, but I'm not looking to have a calendar page. I got that with Gabriel back on the 2013 calendar.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are a little too bright. I know how difficult it is to figure out the camera settings & I had mine all wrong. :roll: Gina helped me a lot and recommended: Auto, Macro, Landscape, Auto ISO, hold camera 12" with no Zoom or 18" with Zoom. I think you have a Powershot too, right? Which one do you have?

I just read that you are home sick, I'm sorry. Good that you are on antibiotics, hope you feel better soon. I was home sick today myself, off to the doctor tomorrow. SO much going around.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel - #2 (great shot), #4 from new set
Puff - #1 (looks like a Boudoir shoot - hubba hubba!)
Lonzo - #1
Didi - #1 (#3 would've been a great shot if the primary focus point was on the top of his head/eye instead of bottom of beard), #1 or #3 from new set
Leo - #1 and #3

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like these of Gabriel:

These are good shots although I'm not sure who they are of. :oops:

Like this one too, I think it's Puff?

Good one of Didi

You are always so thoughtful with sharing pics with us that I thought I would try to save you some time to see what you had already shared with us. I think these would be good to consider. Hope it's ok that I tried to help you out this way.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Love it Diane,

So picture #2 of Gabriel is one of my to picks, then the one with the plane.

Pic# 3 is of Puff, but she's so washed out, even though the pose is good.

Pic#4 is Lonzo and I think that's going to be chosen, too.

Pic#5 is of Puff, don't you love her beard, she's developed not just the peach colour but orange dots, too :mrgreen:

I like that one of Didi, too!

Next pic is another one of Lonzo

And the last one is of Leo.

So now I'll go back & check out everything again.

And yes, I'm home today and tomorrow, started antibiotics this am, not just for my chest but I have a toe that keeps infecting, so I'm hoping that will take care of both. I'm taking probiotics, too, as my stomach is already bloated from the antibiotics. I'm going to my chiro tomorrow, too, 'cause I now my neck and back are out. Then I'm hopeful that I can get back to work on Wednesday. We're having training right now, 2 hours a week, and I hate to miss my session on Wednesday. So fingers crossed I'll be ok by then. I'm just really tired. This thing in my chest has been building up over the last 2 weeks, I went home on Friday, too.

I'll decide on my pics & let you know! Thanks for the input!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So Gina & Diane, my camera is a Canon Power Shot, ELPH 340 HS. These are the shooting modes available:

Auto, program, portrait, smart shutter (face detect auto), High speed burst (continuous shooting), handheld nightscene. Low light, fish eye, miniature effect, toy camera effect, monochrome, super vivid (used for 2nd set of pictures), poster effect, snow, fireworks and long shutter dark scene.

So I'm just not sure which to use. Auto seems to wash out colour, portrait might be one to use, super vivid seems too bright...it's different from the original camera I had, it had landscape.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well then it's time for me to read the manual. I have it here, it came with the camera but have never taken the time to read it. Thanks so much Diane, I will check that part of the manual right now. I'm off to bed anyway, need to lie down. I've picked out a bunch of pics, now to choose, but now that I know about landscape, I'll try that tomorrow. Then I'm hoping to be back to work on Wednesday, I'll see how I feel. The antibiotics are bugging my tummy, having to take 4 a day, but I'm also taking 2 strong probiotics as well. Hopefully that helps, as I just don't seem to have an appetite, but now it's time to have something to eat. I'll check in with you tomorrow.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I do hope you feel better soon, Deb. Take good care of yourself. I think the pics you chose are excellent! Please give sweet Lonzo a snuggle for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom