Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Oh Deb,

I'm trying to catch up on everyone's threads, and saw about Rubio. Poor boy that video made me so sad :cry:. Hopefully the biopsy will show something that is fully treatable and he'll be back to his old self in no time. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Then seeing Gabriel bobbin was just too funny :lol: What a silly boy.

Well back to work, no lunch for me today (had to go to the dentist again and can't feel the upper part of my mouth now, so I really don't want to try to eat :roll:)
Sabrina

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh poor Rubio and poor you not knowing what it is that could be going on. Sure seems like some type of inflammation that is affecting his whole body. Does the Serrapeptase help him at all? Maybe sharing the video with Tracie to have her take a look would be a good idea. Hope the biopsy can be done as easily and painlessly as possible. I know the worrying is horrible. Hope you can get him in to see the vet tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers for special Rubio.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What type of fungus could he have? Could it be contagious? Would a general oral antibiotic help?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Brenda, thanks for checking in, I'll let you all know tomorrow what the vet says.

Hi Sabrina, sorry about your mouth, hopefully that's the end of it. As for Rubio, see the vet tomorrow, will keep you updated.

Hi Mary, thanks, so needed, I'm really worried about him.

Gina, I have no idea. I've only dealt with Yellow Fungus and that's not this. So we'll see what the vet says tomorrow. I did get the day off & can't wait to get there, called this am & the blood results are in. I'm going to ask for a biopsy depending on what the blood work says & also ask for a sedative so he's not in too much pain. My vet is really good with him, too, I think he's her favourite, so we'll be having a good talk about him. I think she's going to be shocked to see what he's going through, I know the vet I saw on Saturday for his eye was shocked. So I'm off to bed, but I'm taking him with me to warm up for a bit. I have physio in the morning, then I'm home until we get going to the vet, then home for the night, so I'll have lots of time with Rubio. I have to bathe & feed the rest, but Rubio & I are going to have some big cuddle time again tomorrow. He doesn't move around so much when I hold him & he sleeps, which is good.

I'll get back on here tomorrow when I get home, I promise. Thanks everyone for all your good wishes and prayers, I would be lost without my Rubio :(

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Just letting you know I've been keepin tabs and you know I'm thinking of you guys. I love Rubio, the gentleman. So I hope to death he'll be okay.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'll let you know Jolene, getting him to the vet this afternoon. I'm so hoping it's something that's easily fixable & that I won't lose him.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Fingers crossed. Thinking of you! It's afternoon here but I think you are three or four hours behind me. I'm in EST, I think you are in PST.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
BrendaKay":3pms8h9f said:
Fingers crossed. Thinking of you! It's afternoon here but I think you are three or four hours behind me. I'm in EST, I think you are in PST.
She's three hours behind EST. We are now 3 hours behind EST because Arizona doesn't do Daylight savings time.

I was hoping to hear something by now. I do know, now, to check this thread later this afternoon, or evening.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Am anxious to hear how your guy is. Will be checking in off and on to see what the vet has to say. Hopefully its nothing to serious, will be praying its not.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi everyone, thanks for checking in. So I'm back from the vet & Rubio is really sick, has a raging infection & one type of white blood cell is showing as toxic. So, because I was so panicked about what happened to Titan & the vet & I aren't 100% sure this isn't some sort of fungus, I didn't take the antibiotic shots with me, instead I see the vet again on Sat to do a biopsy. Now, upon further reflection, I don't think it can be fungus, it has to be bacterial. So I called Joanne, who's a nurse, and she agreed that it's a raging infection and he needs meds right away. So I feel like an ***** because I didn't just take the shots with me today, the vet is off tomorrow & I'd have to get them on Thursday am. So I left a message at the vet's today that I would pick them up on Thursday am, but still not sure if a biopsy should be done or not. I'm very confused at this point. the only thing we both agree on is Rubio is really sick.

So I'll keep you posted on what shots I get. I have to give him electrolytes daily, plus Serrepeptase, which I'll do soon, right now he's under the ramp, on his own towel, getting warm. Poor sweet baby, he needs medicine now, I feel like such an *****, not taking the shots right away.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry hun. I hope you can get Rubio cleared up of this. Poor little Rubio, I wonder if that spot had something to do with this or if the infection was starting to manifest through his skin. :( I will be thinking of you and praying hard for Rubio.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I hope it's not a fungus. I do know, Deb, It's best to make sure what the problem is before you treat it. We had a vet treat Miss Y, basically saying "this ... didn't work, lets try ..." Basically, I don't think he knew what was wrong. I really hope and pray that Rubio gets better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom