Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
thanks Tonja & that's the foamy I'm going to look into. Just have to be careful with the $ I have, it has to last until Feb 14, so just getting essentials until then. My shoulder is getting better, it's just taking a long time, but my physio did tell me it would take awhile to get through the 1st phase. The 2nd is better as not as painful, but it's a plateau, once through that one, it starts to heal, getting used to the calcification in the shoulder socket. Once that's done, it's back to normal. I really want to start swimming, so can't wait until this shoulder is swim proof :lol: Once my ankle is done I want to start doing yoga, as between swimming and yoga, I can exercise without doing weights. So that will help a lot. Meanwhile I'm working on losing weight.

Rubio had his bath, washed the area that I put the silver sulphadine on and it's improving. He had a black beard in the bath, but he hates baths so that's understandable. He's on the ramp for the day & looks happy to be out. Can watch TV & beard at Lonzo, Puff and Gabriel :lol:

And it's FRIDAY, yeah, no work for 2 days! My brother just calls & thinks he's found the red part on the rear brake light that was broken, so that would be great, he'll know tomorrow. Will only cost $40! On Sunday I'm visiting a good friend with a 2 yr old daughter who I love, so that will be a nice Sun afternoon.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So Puff has decided she likes Didi, too, as well as Gabriel, little hussy. she was on the counter waiting for her bath & I didn't realize she could see Didi & started the low bobs again. Hope all this maleness around her doesn't start the egg business. At least she's feeling much more comfortable here and is starting to eat again. She's such a sweetie!

So my friend Adrienne was able to get us tickets to the Cavalia Horse Show with the famous white horses, they're in Vancouver & next weekend is the last one. We have tickets for good seats for Sunday at 1p, I'm so excited, I've been wanting to see these horses for a long time. My nieces went with their mom and Dave & Annika went, too (my nephews parents, my youngest brother and his wife)

On Sunday I went to visit my friend Jess and her daughter Jordyn, who's 2 years old and Jess gave me a beautiful picture of Jordyn from Christmas. She has long curly hair and is just the prettiest little girl. She gave me two big hugs and kisses while I was there, she's so much fun. I'm her defacto grandma, she has 2 grandmas already, but Jess said you can't have enough grandmas. I see her more often than I see Leo, which is kind of sad...

All the boys and Puff are doing fine. They're still very lazy from the winter, can't wait for spring & I know everyone back east is praying for spring, too. I can't get over the low temps and snow that everyone is being bombarded with. Hope it's al over soon!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So, Puff is learning about love, huh? For your sake, Deb, I hope she won't decide to lay eggs come spring.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I sure hope Puff doesn't start laying eggs either, that would be just what you need. Glad she is feeling more comfortable with you and her surroundings. Is it the Lippizan Stallions you are going to see? If so they are amazing, saw them as a little girl in Germany and its like a very graceful ballet they do.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm hoping there won't be eggs either, but I can't prevent them if they happen, she was so miserable in the bedroom by herself, I had to put her in the living room. I just don't have enough space to put her anywhere else!

And yes, it's the Lippizan Stallions I'm seeing on Sunday, I'm so stoked. The tickets are 1/2 price because my friend Adrienne went out on a limb and bought 12 tickets, so got 6 free and we're paying only $65 a ticket, plus we're very close to the arena. I'm so looking forward to Sunday. Being able to go to the afternoon show worked out well for everyone, have time afterwards to just relax. I'll make sure the "kids" get their baths, food and supplements on Saturday am, so won't have to worry about them on Sunday, as I"ll be out of the house at 10a. Adrienne is going to drive me into town as I hate driving in the city. I'm just thrilled that it all worked out, her whole family is coming and a lot of her friends, plus her son might have time off work to come, too.

My grandson Leo is going to be 6 months old on Sunday, so I guess I'll call Eric to wish the baby a happy 6 months!

Everyone's doing well here. Leo is still brumating, can't even see him, but will give him a bath this weekend. Gabriel is full of energy as always and is constantly trying to get out of his tank. It's Didi's turn to be on the ramp today, so Gabriel is going nuts :roll: :lol: Lonzo is lounging as usual, but getting around his tank well, and doesn't seem to want to be out of his tank right now. Gabriel is also bobbing me or not letting him out, he's such a hoot :lol:

Rubio still has that weird patch on his side, but I think he's going to be shedding, at least I hope so. I've been putting polysporin on it, I'm going to wash it well today and see what's what. Nothing showed on the xray last week, everything internally is fine, which is a great relief.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Once you have grandkids the time flies by. Hard to believe he will be 6 months old already. Hard to believe Michael <my grandson> will be 8.
Beardies are so funny, mine keep me amused. I laugh at Emmett all the time with his little quirks. I miss the head bobbing Geico used to do. Emmett as he grows will head bob I am sure. Emily ate, basked, poohed and promptly went under her hammock nose to corner. Shes out! Emmett is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, up and down up and down. Ate his crickets then some salad. I hope hes not storing it in his teeth.

I hope you have a wonderful time watching the stallions. We were stationed in Germany with my Grandparents < both dad and grandpa were Army> when grandma took our family to see them. In fact I still have my childhood book grandma got me about them. Wish they would come to Colorado, I would go see them in a heartbeat. Nice price on the tickets too. Well hope you have a great day and ttyl.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Tonja. I am so going to enjoy Sunday, then I'm going to call Eric because Leo's 6 mo birthday is the same day, gives me an excuse to call, after all, it's already almost a month since I've heard from them.

I wanted to introduce my friend's beardie, his name is Heisenberg, he's six months old and he's 18 1/2" long and 408g. :shock: He's trying to beat out Rubio in length & weight & I'm now wondering if he will! Here's his thread:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=201186&p=1611579#p1611579

I'm off to eat supper, I have some pics, will try to get them on here later.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
I'm pretty sure Cavalia isn't the Stallions. I believe it's more like Cirque Des Soleil then the stallions(which are still beautiful!). I believe it's more aerobatics and things like that. It's supposed to be a beautiful show, and I really wanted to go! Maybe next time they are in town.

I'm glad everything is going well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I guess it isn't the stallions but it is a horse show. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the show. I don't know if the stallions ever come to Canada, if they do I'll be wanting to see them, too!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Boy I tell ya, I read your friends entire thread. The tail on her dragon is amazingly long. Never seen a tail that long before I don't think. He is gonna be a big boy and is so pretty in colors. He may get to be Rubio's size, Geico was getting up there at almost 700 grams before he died. Anyway thought I would let you know I read the thread you posted :D

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
The stallions do come to canada once and a while! I saw them in my late teens, not long before I moved down, in Williams Lake. They were beautiful and so well trained. I love horses, wish I could have my own. They always make my depression better.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Tonya, he is a bit boy & I've never seen such a long tail either!

Jolene, I was so hoping it was the stallions, but then I realized it would have been advertised differently. I love horses, too, my niece Emily rides, so I get to the stable as often as I can to watch her ride and talk to all the horses that are kept there. It makes me feel better, too. Maybe, in the summer, you can come with me one day to check out the stables where she rides. Her pony is named Cricket and he's a good ride for her, even though he's a bit too small. She'll probably lease a horse again over the summer, I'll let you know.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
How funny, I had stumbled on heisenbergs thread a couple days ago and loved it so commented on it to follow it easier.

So jealous you get to go to a horse show. Sounds amazing. Do share pix!!

Happy 6 mos bday to grand baby Leo!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Brenda, just checked your thread, glad Zilla did drink today. Left a few more ideas for you. I'm used to dealing with sick dragons, even though it never gets easier.

Thanks for the good wishes for baby Leo, can't believe so much time has gone by. This gives me an excuse to call Eric after I get home from the horse show. Have no idea if I'll be allowed to take any pictures, last show I went to, no pics were allowed, cameras were confiscated if seen.

I'm sure looking forward to that show, though, it's going to be amazing!

Heisenberg is a hoot and I love the pics Robinlynne posts. So now it's a race between him and Sorin, Liz's baby who's HUGE :shock: and to who will beat Rubio out in length and weight :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
This sure will be an interesting contest, huh?

And Sorin was the baby who I wanted to stunt and keep little forever. Guess that failed. :lol: (Would never stunt him on purpose, promise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stihlgirl
Top Bottom