Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
I did see the pics and Leo IS quite the cutie :)

That ramp idea is phenomenal, I love how you can let your crew (most of them) roam and hang out. We're not there yet with Batty...one day, though.

I, too am hoping you get to see you're little Leo soon and get to cuddle him and play with him...you BOTH deserve it. Praying for p[positive news after the vet visit, I'll be watching for the update.

Have a blast at the play! How exciting!! Oh the weather...sheesh! I'm a New Englander and I wake up to 16 degrees! We don't get much higher than 40's here during the day, even with the sun :(

Can't wait to hear all about the vet and the play and if/when you get to see and play with Leo!

Talk to you soon!!!

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Deb, it looks like the kids had a blast. I love the sock snowman (may have to borrow that idea as I love to decorate with snowmen :D).

Poor Titan, that YF is the pits :cry: Hope everything goes good at the vet. Your boys sure keep you on your toes.

The photos of Gabriel made me smile. Look how handsome he is after his bath and the before with the sexy legs :D

I hope Eric keeps his word and calls you to see Leo, cause if he doesn't he's gonna make some dragons(and their human slaves) very cross with him :p

Have fun at the play (which one are y'all going to see?) 8)

Sabrina

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So the vet visit went very well. He still has some YF but hardly any compared to before, so hopefully it won't spread. I continue the same meds & supplements, so hopefully that will kill this darned thing. We're back in 3 weeks for another check up.

Leo got some blood work done to see if he has kidney disease, I'll have the results on Monday/Tuesday.

Didi has to stay on the injections for another 2 weeks & the Nolvadent once a day. That should take care of the abcess.

So it was a good visit & she loved that Leo and Didi were wrapped up in fleece blankets, so she actually took a picture of the two of them on the table. Titan stayed in his gym bag until the others were checked & put away, then Titan came out. So my vet is as careful as I am.

I don't remember the name of the play but it's by David Sedaris, so should be good. I can't wait. I get to put the timers on the tanks to make sure the lights go off tomorrow evening if I'm not home.

So now I'm going to lie down, I'm tired & have to go out this eve to the library and Safeway. I still get worn out so easily but stay up later every day & sleep better at night, so I think the iron is starting to work.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Wow :) What a wonderful post all around! So happy things are looking up. I can't wait to hear about your night out. Get some rest tonight. Sounds like you had a heck of a day ;)

Esther19

BD.org Addict
What a great report from the vet! I hope Leo's test results come out okay. I hope you get some good rest and have a wonderful time at the play tomorrow!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Kristine and Esther, I'm looking forward to a day with my family tomorrow & maybe seeing Leo on Sunday (but I won't hold my breath, no use turning blue over my son & his wife). And a friend gave me a wonderful fleece coat "just because" and it fits wonderfully! The one I had was a bit thin, but this one is really thick and navy blue, I love it!

Time to snuggle up with Titan, got my shopping done, picked up the books at the library and ready to lie down and get to bed early, up early in the am to get ready to be out by 11a to my sister's & then to the play. My niece and I are going to get some one-on-one time after the play, which will be great. I'll just set the timers for tomorrow night, in case I'm out late.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Just woke up, and your theead was my first to start catching up on, AND SO MUCH GOOD NEWS!!! Yay for the vet visit! I hope the ya is completely gone by the check up in three weeks! That would be awesome!
Glad the iron seems to be working for you too. When the weather gets so cold now, it's hard for anyone to want to stay up longer, so if you are feeling better now?? Double yay!
I'll hold my breathe for you in the hopes of getting to see your grandson, ok? Lol. I keep hoping she'll come around soon and start to appreciate the extra help that is offered. I mean, grandmas are perfect for new moms for the time when they just want to relax in the bathtub or something. She's whacked, but whatever.
Glad your other boys are doing well and that didis abscess is getting better.

Oh, and you were SO right when you said 'there's always another poop!' Zilla is still acting like he wants to sleep, but won't. I took him out for snuggles and he was alert and happy. Then pooped on my jacket on the couch. The next day or two, I took him out again, and he pooped on my blanket. I got home from work that night, and there was yet a little more poop in his tank! I mean, really, HOLY COW! How much could there have been?! Lol. He hasn't eaten in well over a week....... I'll have to go update my thread now too, in case anyone else keeps up with it. That Zilla is a ton of surprises!

Talk to you soon.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad to see so much good news all around. I hope your son and his wife get their act together soon. Enjoy your play and let us know what it's about.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Stopped in to check on how the vet visit went. So glad to hear that he is making so much progress and is doing well. I am so happy and hopefully he kicks it for good!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lindz, I'm so hopeful, too. I gave him a break on the cream for a day, so he only go this regular meds and is really perked up, but we start the cream again tomorrow and all his supplements. I am hopeful that we will kick it.

I did a blood panel on Leo as his eye sockets are really big and I'm concerned it might be kidney/blood pressure issues. So my vet was really pleased that she was actually able to get blood from him, so I'll get the results on Monday We're both hoping it's nothing and he's fine, fingers crossed, don't need another seriously ill beardie on my plate.

Didi is back on shots for another 2 weeks, then the abcess should be gone. Nolvadent in his mouth daily (he just hates that qtip :lol: it's a fight every time, luckily I'm bigger and stronger because he sure knows how to wiggle!).

The others are fine. Lonzo is still hanging in, eats all his worms when I feed him, greens, too but doesn't like to move around very much. I still let him run around the living room, but he has one arm that's not working very well, so he doesn't move around as well as he used to. So I just let him roam around his own tank, which he loves, he can see everything going on in the living room from there. At least he's still relatively healthy for his age.

I had a great time today, the play was called "Santaland Diaries" and was very funny. Spent some time at my sister's before we went to the play, then stayed a bit afterwards. My niece is on a cleanse because of a bug she picked up in Thailand and she introduced me to blends of greens and pineapple, so good, so I think I'm going to add a glass of greens & fruit to my diet. I'm tired of drinking just water all day! My sis gave me some greens teas & others to try, and I liked the green teas, they will help me stay up during the day, too, which will help. Plus they're really good for me. If it's too hot I just add an ice cube! So it was great, the timers worked and all the boys were asleep except Titan, as I don't turn his light off until I'm ready to put the CHE on.

Gabriel is so funny, when he's not on the ramp, he's trying to dig his way out of his tank to get to Didi, as they can see each other. Gives them both some exercise, but I'll have to switch the newspaper tomorrow, he's trashed it all & it's all in pieces. Luckily I have lots!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I got a few pictures of Titan last night, he sure looks good, today the cream is on again and he won't feel as good but it has to be done:
He pretended he was asleep for awhile:

But he'd just been napping :lol:

Have to clean out his tank, a bit blurry:

It was great to see him up like that, watching TV while I'd been gone for the day & the timers worked again this am, so when I got up, everyone else was awake, well except for Leo, as he wanted to be in his hide today.

The sun in out and Didi is by the balcony door wanting to go out, but it's really cold out there, so that won't happen. Gabriel is still working on trashing his tank because his enemy Didi is on the ramp, it's Gabriel's turn tomorrow.

Well I don't think I can drink green tea, the caffeine kept me up all night, it was 4a before I finally got to sleep & it took me awhile to figure out what day it was this am. So I guess I can have one in the am, but not in the afternoon. She gave me some ginger/lemon tea that I'll try and some "nightly night" tea that I'll try to see if it will help me sleep better. It'll be difficult to get to work if I can't get up in the am!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
He is, but he gets the cream on today, so he'll be annoyed with me! He does look good though, and that pleases me no end!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Titan does look better but he also looks like he was thinking "what are you going to do to me now?" Remind me, how old is Leo (is he your senior (9 or so years old?)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Lonzo is 10 1/2, Leo is about 7 I think, maybe 6, never knew his age when our neighbour rescued him & a female, then gave him to us in Feb 2010. I'll be anxious to hear from my vet tomorrow about Leo & hoping it's nothing serious.

Well Titan drank ALOT of water tonight, so much that he forgot to swallow and I ended up upending him and giving him CPR, too, poor baby. As that's never happened I wasn't worried about it, as I knew what happened. I'll make sure to give him water every day, he missed 2 days so that's why he was so thirsty. I also didn't put the cream on him today, decided to give him a break. He's still getting his oral med daily, but tomorrow he'll be getting his cream and he won't like it!

I also heard from Eric tonight, I've been invited over next Saturday afternoon, he'll call to confirm the time. He's only working 1/2 day next Saturday. And here are more pics of Leo:

And this is a picture of Leo and Vienna 11 mo old, the baby girl of Rose, a friend of Tara's. I met them both last time I saw Leo.

So hopefully all goes well next Saturday and I get to hold my grandson, haven't held him since he was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom