Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Loved the pictures from the expo, I plan on going to one this year! That Tremper Sunglow and Phantom leo <3<3<3

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":2z0j3em8 said:
He does have his moments, Gina, this way the hot sun on the balcony, when it hit there, wouldn't burn his little feet or belly, too. He is a sweetheart. What did you think of the poses on his cool side, good enough for the calendar?
Oh right! I forgot about the hot surface burning his wittle feet. Again, smart boy :D

The first pic isn't as clear around his head, but the second one is.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
So I'll have to include the 2nd one as a possible. Will be really busy this weekend. Have you chosen yet, Gina, you have a hard task in front of you as they're all great pictures!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi LIndz, weren't those babies the cutest. The little phantom kept trying to get out. None of the 3 babies were for sale, some had colours I'd never seen before, which Is what Jake wants to do, have very high end leos to sell in the future. He's doing well for just turning 18 :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":3vu4ohvq said:
So I'll have to include the 2nd one as a possible. Will be really busy this weekend. Have you chosen yet, Gina, you have a hard task in front of you as they're all great pictures!
I still can't decide. Maybe Pookie could help? :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
You should try it, he's such an amazing beardie, he would be a help. Just show him pics on the computer and tell him to point or something like that!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I was home sick today, so spent the whole day with my guys. Sick stomach, headache, sore back, the whole thing, so didn't even go out. I have a chrio appt tomorrow, so hoping that puts me right so I can get back to work. I hate missing, I get such heck for it, but sometimes I just can't function.

I got a funny picture, as Titan, Gabriel and Rubio spent time on my bed on the comforter today, without even looking at each other!

Rubio's on the left, then Gabriel and Titan is buried in a trough of comforter, he's still sleeping there, so have to put him to bed at some point!

I saw Rubio sleeping like this last night when I got home, I though only babies slept like that :lol:

I took a picture of Lonzo today, nice pose but too washed out, he was such a pale yellow I couldn't catch it on camera, will have to find a different lighting to use.

And then I posed Titan in the bedroom, what do you think? Maybe less of the door?

Titan still isn't feeling all that well, he gets another injection on Thursday & I'm giving him acidophilus every day to help his tummy, but he didn't eat at all today. The Betadine seems to be doing the trick, no more spots are showing up and the ones he has aren't getting any bigger, so he gets that on his daily, doesn't like it but have to do it. Didn't give Rubio his meds today, but he gets them tomorrow, for sure.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Poor Titan(and you!). Not eating again..G'uh. He still have some of those roaches left?! I'm sure once he gets his appetite back he'll love those.

Wishing both of you well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks Jolene, happens when I don't get in to see the chiro early enough, and they were away this past weekend. It's hard to work when I feel like this, yet we don't have a sick leave policy, so I should be getting a nasty letter any time. I was doing so well, too, 3 weeks without a missed day, darn it all.

Titan will get through this, it was the same when he had parasites and was on Baytril, but he was so skinny back then, not eating for 10 days really was noticeable. He made up for it, though, and he has a lot more weight on him now than he did then. I'm just glad the Betadine is doing a good job so far, I'll see what the vet says on the 21st. It's weird had the Betadine doesn't come out in the bath, so he has dark patches all over his head, beard and side :mrgreen: And he's been eating those scrumptious roaches since I brought them home the long weekend. He still manages to eat some of them, but no salad yet. I'll see how he does tomorrow. Then we'll start it all again with the injection on Thursday, but then he only has 2 left b4 he sees the vet. I'm just hoping whatever this infection is, it's gone by then, 'cause he hates all these meds.

CherylLynn

Hatchling Member
Poor Titan, hope he bounces back soon. You too! I'm glad I worked in childcare so long before becoming a CNA, I have an immune system of steel. :wink:

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i'm sorry titan isn't feeling well! he's gone through so much i know he'll tough it out. he needs a break! he's got to have the worst beardie luck.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow! I can't believe you got all three of them out there on your bed safely! Way to go Rubio, Gabriel, and Titan for being such good boys!

Poor Titan and his head. I'm still so mad at whoever made it possible to do that much damage to the poor boy and am so glad he's with you where he belongs now.

Zy will occasionally do the baby sleep too. I love it and miss it.

Lonzo, you're such a handsome boy. Yes you are!

I hope you feel better, Deb! I've been having really bad allergies lately which between my glasses (need a new pair) and those I get massive headaches and then I've always had back problems that leave my back so so sore. Hope you feel better real soon though!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, CherylLynn, an immune system of steel, must be great. I don't normally get sick but when my back & neck are out and I don't get it treated in time, this is what happens. I can usually work through it, but this time it hit wose than usual. Oh well, getting older doesn't make things better. The damage is scoliosis & a motorcycle accident when I was 18, permanent soft tissue damage in my neck; plus osteo arthritis in every joint now. Oh well, you deal with what you have, right?

Titan is a trooper, he's basking right now, staring at me and no, I have no idea how you can burn a beardie that badly and then just drop him off at the pet shop, not caring if he lives or dies...but I cared, he was meant to be mine, even if he's costing me more than I can really afford. Oh well, if that's what it takes to get him healthy, then that's what I have to do.

And I was amazed Liz, that those 3 big boys just sat so comfy on the same comforter. Titan didn't get to bed until after 10p! He just loved being on the comforter, so I'll probably do the same today, as I'm off again. I did get an apt with my chiro, so hoping a good treatment will get rid of all of this, I hate being sick.

And you liked that pic of Lonzo? He looks like a snow dragon, he was such a pale yellow. He's been doing that a lot. I went through a lot of pics yesterday for the calendar, but I'm going to take fresh ones that are more close ups of them all.

Hi Chastyx thanks for dropping in, I appreciate you being so positive about Titan recovering. Luckily I have a good vet and I'm following her instructions to the letter. I want him to get better, too! He sure does deserve a break.

Hi Liz, I know, isn't it great, my 3 lounge lizards not even bothering with each other. I couldn't not take that picture! They kept me company all yesterday afternoon and evening before I finally put them to bed. Titan just sank into that comforter and fell right asleep, which is the best thing for him for healing.

And no, I still haven't figured out how someone could burn him so badly, then drop him off at the pet shop not knowing if he'd live or die...glad I took him home, even if it's become costly, you do what you have to, right Liz?

You enjoyed Lonzo, he looks like a snow dragon, his yellow was so pale & all over. He amazes me with his regular colours, then turning all these lovely yellows, unbelievable. Guess he's happy!

It's so funny to see them sleep like that, Gabriel does it too, and I've seen Didi do it on occasion. So Zy does it too? It makes me think they're hurting their necks!

I see the chiro today, so hopefully she'll do her usual magic and I'll come out feeling so much better. If not, I'll get to the clinic to have my stomach checked. Either way, I'll be back to work tomorrow. I can understand what you're going through LIz, do antihistamines help any? I take one every morning and it gets rid of the worst symptoms. It's the headaches that are the worst, though, makes it hard to think, never mind do all the homework you have to do. Have you tried to see a chiropractor or physio, would that be something the trust would pay for? You might want to look into that, I see both and they keep the pain down to almost nothing.

I looked through a lot of pictures yesterday and found a few for the calendar but am going to try to take others to see if I can take better focused pictures in better lighting. I'll work on that today.

Once I've taken all the pics I'm going to need help in deciding, as need to get them sent on the weekend.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love snows!

And yeah, Zy still thinks she's a baby. :roll:

I feel like Jace would try to kill any males on his turf. I guess he's the bigger version of Diva Didi! lol

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
When I saw your new title, 'Titan's sick' I got worried for awhile, thinking something else went wrong so he was worse than he was yesterday. I'm glad to read that isn't the case. His head does look better than it did in the last set of pics I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mellzy
Top Bottom