Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
That's what I have & I need to take pictures of everything, too. I've lived in New West for 8 years and never even been close to having a fire, so I'm hoping that continues. I have a contingency plan on getting my babies out now, made me think hard when that fire alarm went off. But I don't have any plan of old pictures that I have a ton of. So one day, when I have the funds, I'll have to take pictures & get them all on a disk I can take with me.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well I caught Titan eating crispy greens this am left overs from yesterday, so that's what he does when he doesn't get his regular food on time and I won't feed him until he's done his bath & pooped. So that's now become a routine. It also looks like there is more pre-shed going on, Lonzo's shed has moved to cover most of his lower face, Titan got rid of some but still has lots more to come, Rubio's is also moving around his beard and shoulders and Gabriel might be starting some, too, on his back. It's going to be a sheddy summer! At least we're getting sun, Lonzo is out sunning himself right now, Rubio is next and then Gabriel. Didi hates being in the sun & Leo will have some sun time, too. Had to put the fan up in the living room and bedroom, we're going through a heat wave for at least a week & it gets really hot in my little apartment. I also tend to turn off the UVB early on hot days, as my poor boys seem to melt when it gets hotter in the living room, this gives them some relief.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well I got some good pictures so thought I'd take a minute, while I have Rubio on my lap watching every move I make and checking out everything on the screen, to show him how I post pics :lol: He hasn't moved from my lap for the last 15 min!

So here's Rubio from the back checking out what I'm doing. He's following every move I make, it's so funny :D

And here he is outside, he was annoyed at Didi, who was on the other side of the screen, black bearding and trying to jump over the screen barrier to fight Rubio (yes, Didi is nuts, Rubio is double his size!)

Then Rubio calmed down and enjoyed the sun, even though he kept an eye on Didi :lol: :

Here's a picture of Titan, he's gotten so big, he's eating 20 supers a day, plus all his salad:

Titan and Gabriel decided to get some sun together in the impatient plants, a lot got squished!

Titan in his bath this am, you can see all the parts that are going to shed & his upper back just started:

And here's how Rubio fills up the sink :shock: :

Didi decided to rest on the little sofa:

Isn't that sofa cute?
The other side, he really was relaxing!

Titan sleeping on his tree, check out that leg!

I did get Didi's tank upstairs, luckily a neighbour was getting into his truck and helped me get it out of the car and on the dolly I have, so then it was easy to get it upstairs & on the dining room table. Needless to say, Didi wasn't impressed :lol: But we knew that, right :lol:

And I put a towel on the end so he can't see Rubio:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Liz, I'll never understand it either, the rest will just fight each other, yet these two can be together without fighting, it's quite amazing to watch :D

And Lori, you have it exactly right. When I first put Didi in the tank, on his basking rock, he took a sniff and just froze. Then I put him on his new hide and he froze again, just staring at me like "what, what, what is happening :shock: How could you do this to me?" :lol: It was a sight to watch, but when I picked him up and put him back on the ramp, he looked relieved. He can stay there until later in the summer, but when I want to put another dragon on the ramp, he has his own hide to get into. So we'll see what happens to that. I haven't even put his light on yet! It's still in the box. So he's safe for now!

I'm on my way to my brother's for overnight, my niece is very glad to hear I'm going over tonight as we'll be getting up at about 5a to get ready to be at the stables at 7a. I'm taking my younger niece Carly early, then Richard and my folks will meet us there. It'll be a lot of fun. I already put everyone to bed, they're all sleeping and Titan has worms in his dish and he'll have crispy salad in the am. Cami is coming over in the am to turn on their lights as they didn't go away for the weekend after all.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":2g517yun said:
Cami is coming over in the am to turn on their lights as they didn't go away for the weekend after all.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hi Deb. I'm sure you have said why before, but every time I readabout your neighbors turning on or turning off your lights, I wonder why you don't use timers?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I did have a great time, not much sleep, as his couch isn't that comfy, but was so proud of Emily today at the horse show. She was in 4 competitions and won 2 1st place, 1 2nd place and 1 3rd place. She looked as if she'd been born in the saddle, not bad for an 11 yr old that only rides twice a week. The horse she is leasing, Seren, is just beautiful and so well behaved. She didn't mind me rubbing her and talking to her but at one point she poked me in the chest, I think she was telling me she wanted treats! So even though it was really hot, there was a good brisk breeze, so didn't feel too bad.

Right now it's 7:41p and 85F in my apartment, the different to living in the city & the country. I had a good nap, as I didn't sleep very well on the couch at my brother's. He couldn't open the doors because starlings kept flying in :lol: So it was warm, but I sat outside for quite awhile to cool off. All the windows and fans are on, hopefully it'll get a bit cooler later.

Brenda, when Roger died, my boys had had him home all day, so I didn't feel right about leaving them alone for 11 hours, (travel time & work time); that's when I hired Jake to come in. He cuddles them and puts them to bed, turns off all the lights and TVs and I've always felt better knowing someone comes in. He's now graduated high school, so I did get timers, as I'm not sure if he'll be around next year. I have to check with his mom. I don't mind paying him, it's a minimal amount and they enjoy his company, we'll see how it goes in the fall.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Jake just turned 17 yrs old. He's been raising & breeding corn snakes, cresties and leos for 4 years now and has a good business going, he sells his babies at expos. He's quite the amazing kid and loves my dragons. I'll have to check with him and his mom as to if he can continue coming in next year, but in case, I did buy timers, just have to figure out how to attach them, as I have 2 tanks per outlet, plus have to get another one for Gabriel, too. I'll sort it out when the time comes.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow. That's a cool bit about Jake. Seems like an awesome kid. Do you know if he wants to become a professional breeder?

Timers are a gift once set up but a curse until then. Is it a digital or one of the old fashioned ones like mine where you pull up the buttons for night and leave the say hours down?

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
Aw Deb all of your babies are so cute! Makes me want to have Rubio more and more. It amazes me too see Gabriel and Titan getting along so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom