Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Lori, thanks for looking in, isn't Rubio funny chomping on the flowers, sure surprised me!

Mindi, I just make a batch like this, I use a small bowl, 1 tsp bee pollen & about 3/4 of the bowl, which turns out to be 1/3 cup water, use it that day & dump it. The bottle of bee pollen that I got is huge, 270g, it's going to last for ages. I just mix it up with a spoon. That's probably why they didn't like it, not enough bee pollen to water. Try my recipe, some of the granules don't melt completely, so I use a dropper to drip it on their noses. Gabriel didn't like it but the other four drink it down, a few droppers each. They've been doing this for a couple of months now & I've hardly made a dent in the bottle of bee pollen granules. I also keep the granules in the freezer, they'll go rancid in the fridge. You can still use a ziplock to mix it up, but less water.

There's a list of edible flowers for dragons at the end of the nutrition list at www.beautifuldragons.com. It lists every flower, leaf & plant that is safe for them to eat. Give it a try, Rubio really liked the flowers today. Sweetie used to eat flowers once in awhile, can't hurt to put them on their greens, right?
Deb

I haven't really read a lot of this but M going to start, but anyways did you originally think Didi was a she :?: It seems to be kinda like a girls name to me not to be disrespectful or anything because I actually really like that name.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
If I remember correctly, Didi's name was given to him by his previous owner. Deb and her late husband were fostering him and his sister for a year but the sister died and the previous owner couldn't keep them as she stayed in Japan to have a job.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
And I think Didi's name is Japanese. All my dragons are male. Didi was a foster, his mom went to Japan for a year originally, but she decided to stay only to find out that she couldn't ship Didi & Japan really doesn't have any bearded dragon set ups. She was very upset to find this out, so I got to keep him, my little orange beardie. He's very fierce, will fight any of the others, even though Rubio is more than twice his size. He's a little guy, 17" long & now 430g. He loves to jump & thinks the living room, that is now beardie proofed & has a ramp with a power sun on top, is his. He gets upset when the others are out & tries his hardest to try to get out of his tank. He's so funny & makes me smile. He's also a great cuddler!

So welcome to my thread, mybeardieslave, I wouldn't try to read the whole thing, it's a long thread, but try going through the last 10 or so pages, you'll be introduced to all my boys!

I read the last 20 haha . I really like all your boy.I have one myself. I'm really happy to hear that Gabriel is gaining weight and that the panicur isn't bothering him this time

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Wow, Gina, how did you know that? And he was a little brother to Loish, so guess that's where his name came from.

TheBeardieSlave, wow :shock: you went back 20 pages, that's awesome, thanks so much. I love my boys, just wish I could spend more time with them, but this past weekend spent all weekend with them, it was alot of fun, juggling them around.

Shannon, it's ok, Didi's my diva anyway, and that's a very unusual name, so no worries. :mrgreen:

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I looked up on Google what to call a male diva. The two common answers were divo and gay. :shock: Hey people... I don't make the news. I am merely reporting what I read, so don't get on me for not being p.c. :wink: :p

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Deb!

My computer is cooperating today an I have a little more data usage until tomorrow so I thought I'd try and get caught up a bit.
I have to say I have spent most the day reading. :lol: Sure can fall way behind fast around here.

Loved all the new pic's of your crew...especially the ones of Rubio eating the Impatient flowers. :love5:
I have to watch my crew when they are outside because they try to eat everything in sight. I had to plant my tomato plants on the other side of the yard from my greens garden just so no accidents take place with that.

Been missin' you!

Hugs and Snuggles!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":nvkzd2bq said:
Wow, Gina, how did you know that? And he was a little brother to Loish, so guess that's where his name came from.
If I didn't know that, I think my parents would disown me :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Barbara,
Good to hear from you. I saw the pic of your new little one (or big one) of the babies on facebook, all I can say is WOW, can't wait to see pics of the rest!

Rubio made me laugh so much when I found him chowing down on that impatient plant, he ate a whole plant, the little bugger, but it was so funny to watch him, especially when I asked what he thought he was doing? The expression on his face was priceless (who me, oh nothing mom, just having a snack :roll: ) They all make me laugh with their antics!

Let me know when I can call you, k?

Hi Gina, wouldn't want your parents to disown you, thanks for letting me know that!
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I would have loved to have seen Rubio in action eating that plant. :love5:

You can call me this weekend...I never did look into that :roll: ...but we just won't talk for an hour or more this time. :lol:
I don't think a half hour here or there will be noticed. :wink:

I'm waiting for Aiden should be here about noon so we can bath the babies together. And so he can pick his ripe tomatoes that I could have picked a few days ago, but rather wait for him... he gets so excited to see the garden produce goodies.

Hugs & Snuggles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom