Nail loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
A couple weeks ago I noticed that one of my bearded dragon's nails was all shriveled up. I was worry about it, and kept checking on it. A couple days ago when I checked I noticed that the entire nail was gone! What was the cause? What can I do to prevent it in the future? it doesn't seem to bother her or change anything, I just don't want it to occur again. She is on tile and a repti carpet. Has a repti-sun 10 on her, and a heat lamp. Fed greens everyday, and insects every other day. Pretty normal stool, any other information I can give that might help?

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Well, it could be many things, though most of them are pretty much that she got her nail caught. What kind of repticarpet do you have? If it has loops, that might be the issue.

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I would think that too, but it was shrivelling up and then disappeared. The repti carpet does not have loops. I just checked.

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, but she was on the grass and I was watching the entire time. No signs of struggle at all. She actually just say there basking the entire time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom