nail clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Stimpy's coming up to a year old now and never had his nails clipped. They seem to be getting fairly long now as well.
He has plenty to climb on, rock to bask on which hes perminetly running over and jumping off. So theres plenty for him to be wearing his claws down on but they seem to be growing.

Is it a regular thing we need to get done once its been done the first time?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
this is the reason i use slate tile for my substrate because it wears their nails down for me. but if you need to clip them (because i know they can cut the crap out of you if left unchecked) just use some small animal clippers or even human nail clippers and just clip off the sharp tips (you will see a black line at the back of the nail you want ot make certain you do not clip this as that is the quick of their nail and it will hurt them a lot)

Lennifer

Juvie Member
I agree about the nail clipping! I use the slate tiles as well & it keeps Drago's nails nice & trim! U can def use the nail clippers, just be sure to cut only the tip so u don't cut the vein/quick in the nail.

~Sandy

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im abit apprehensive about doing it myself incase i clip the vein...
will have a look later tonight when im home from work and check how far the vein goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom