My whole family of dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so I have been asked a few times for some pictures of my dragon kids. So in line with coming into our family here they are. Bowser our big strong boy who has just decided in the last week he wants to stop being so mad all the time and just sleep it off. He is trying out his first brumation. This is him taking in some rays on the edge of his new back drop in his viv.

IMAG0131.jpg

Then there is my big girl Willow who is so sweet and so spoiled she is our Buddha girl for sure. Just look at her belly hanging down full of all sorts of good stuff.
IMAG0142.jpg

Then my first rescue our girl Osira. She is such a doll and being from just brown lines her reptisun has brought out a lot of bright colors of course you cant see in these pictures.
IMAG0115.jpg

Then we have Ash Osiras little sister which I took pictures of but ill have to take more tomorrow I cant find them on my phone.Next we have my brat girl Citrine Pumpkin Jelly she is a brat because she knows how pretty she is and feels like no one has the right to touch her
IMAG01082.jpg

Next my little boy Ember is a major momma's boy for sure he loves to be held and sit warm up by my neck.
IMAG0108.jpg
he exploded his skin here.

Then we have our boy Kinsey Named by my son on behalf of a good friend of ours. He is becoming more and more like his big brother Ember every day.
IMAG01212.jpg

Then we have my husbands boy Seraph who would be in heaven if all we ever did was hold him. He is our nub since one cricket left in on accident made a huge tail nip on our pour boy.
IMAG0124.jpg

Then we have our newest family members Taggert and Alani a family was not able to keep them and so they came to live with us as well.
IMAG0135.jpg

Taggert's back
IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg
Alani is so pretty.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Wow!!! That's a lot of big beautiful beardies! How many enclosures do you have? It would be awesome if you could post pictures of the cages too. I'm curious to see what they look like!

-Kaleen

rchick

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So we have five enclosures for now and we are hoping to get five more soon. But a few of these babies we will be finding there forever homes soon. We rescued five of them and ten is a handful to take care of so we need to find a few homes soon. But for now we have two in each viv. And all of them are under one year old so no fights at all so far. But they get fed separate so I'm sure that makes a difference. Ok so here they are. This is a 8 foot buy 2 foot display we got given to us.Then we went through it painted and added lights and wheels since it is so huge.
IMAG0130-1.jpg
This is the brother and sister combo of Taggart and Alani sleeping in the back here.
IMAG01192.jpg
Alani showing off her orange beard oh so pretty.
IMAG0139.jpg
Taggart trying to figure out why in his new home he has to have so many pictures lol
IMAG0132-1.jpg
Then we have Citrine and Osira's half Osira is still sleeping. Citrine just out of her bath.
IMAG0103.jpg
IMAG0133-1.jpg
OK so this one is the first one we built and still my favorite of all, And home for now to Ember and Seraph. sorry the picture is blurry.Hear they are hanging out.
IMAG01272.jpg
And Seraph dreaming of being Super Man
IMAG0119.jpg
IMAG0140.jpg
Then we have Willow and Bowser. He is hiding under the black blanket sleeping for the last week trying out his first brumation. And Willow pillow as my son lovingly calls her sitting in her basking spot.
IMAG0128.jpg
No more pictures I mean it lol.
IMAG0142-1.jpg
Just a little spoiled rotten.
IMAG0147.jpg
This is Ash and Kinsey's home for now.Its a 40 gal breeder tank that we were given with Taggart and Alani but they are 9 months old and it was a little to small for them.So the four month olds are using it for now.
IMAG0129-1.jpg
Closer up on Ash and Kinsey Both in shed
IMAG0151.jpg
They are both loving the heat.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Yay omg they are all so cute! I love Citrine! :D theyre all so cool i wish i could get another one but if i came home with another cricket guzzler then my mom might just flip out! (after all it was my dad who let me get my dragons!) I love how they look all cozy and happy and fat :wink: your enclosures are making me soooo jealous as well. Im going to attempt to make a big do it yourself rock background like the one in your viv! Im so happy you made a thread. Looking forward to hear all about your beardie family!

rchick

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I am glad your happy with getting to see everyone. I am making three new rock hides right now for there viva and working on the walls for Osira and Citrins house as well. We are going to have to find some of them homes though I guess. It was never our plan to have ten and with everyone it gets overwhelming some days. So we have decided to rather then not pay enough attention to some of them see if we can find a good home for a few of them. Yesterday I got a lizard babysiting job lol. A family that has been buying bugs from me brought there baby to me for the weekend to watch. Her name is Eragon, or how ever you spell it. She is so tiny but fat lol very cute. I am going to tweak there cage a little for them today to make it a little more pleasant for her since they said I could. Well better get moving and get there lights all turned on since its after eight already. Talk to everyone soon.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I could imagine 10 being a handful! Haha. Which ones were you planning to give to good homes? A lizard baby sitting service? Really? As if you need anymore Beardies! Hahhahaha. But id trust you with Fiz any day so i could see why they would be ok with you watching their baby. :D

Im going to upload my thread with pictures of me and Fiz soon! Ill let you know when i get around to it.

Now i have to go write a paper and make a model. Anyone know how to make a 3D model of Bromine?? Hahah :D

rchick

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well likely it will be Ash and maybe Osira and one of my males. Possibly my leather back Kinsey. Like I said it upsets me the thought if it. But whatever is best for them.

rchick

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah it can be hard some days. But its not as bad when my feeders are doing good. But I got ripped off buying some roaches along with a ton of other people so since money is tight already its been even harder. :cry: :cry:

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
rchick":1h43pjh0 said:
Yeah it can be hard some days. But its not as bad when my feeders are doing good. But I got ripped off buying some roaches along with a ton of other people so since money is tight already its been even harder. :cry: :cry:
Sorry to hear that. I've heard the complaint from other members as well. I hope the guy returns soon to either fulfill the orders or issue refunds. Did you pay by Paypal? You could always dispute the charges. Hope it all gets settled soon.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Its good that youre up for giving them to good homes. That means you love them enough that you only want the best for them :p

Im sorry to hear about the roach issue. :(

I ran out of crickets today :angry5: KD BLACK BEARDED FOR THE FIRST TIME AT ME! It was soooo freaky. I was scared to put him back in his tank because he look as if he wanted to bite my hand off! Now Fiz is my sweet boy and KD is my evil one :D

Teddie

Hi sorry to but it but I was just reading your posts and had a look at your pictures and your beardie's looking good . I myself am rather new to the beardie thing and I can see you know your stuff. I have been setting up my vivarium for weeks and the final touch was to bring the little on home but I have not yet seen her eat I have fresh crickets and veggie could you help is this normal .

Many thanks x

rchick

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes this is very normal. Some times it can take them up to four or five days before they want to eat. Its doe to stress of a new place. The best thing you can do is make sure he or she is in a quite place where there is not allot of noise and movement tell a week or so after he or she starts eating.And just keep tabs on he or she so that he or she is not waiting to long to eat. What lights and all the things in your viv do you have? And how big is he or she and where did you get your baby from?I had one we had to feed with a syringe for two weeks and thought we would lose her and when I moved her to my room where it was quite in a few days time she started eating and doing great.So it seems to pay to do this.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Teddie,

Like rchick said, they do better in a quiet room when they're new to their home.

My two have always been in my room, where it's always quiet (except when I blast music but I didn't do that when I first got them :wink:) And they really weren't stressed at all when I first got them.

Hopefully you'll get everything sorted out.

rchick

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah the roach thing is really upsetting allot of people for sure. But we found out it was likely a scam which made us all pretty upset for sure. The person had everyone pay as gift to save him on taxes and since none of us new better we did. And you cant do a claim if you pay as gift. And Pumpkin the beard thing freaked me out the first time as well. I would not go near my boy at all. My husband didn't care at all and went right up to him and picked him right up and now he does it to me all the time and not my husband lol. He was told it was because he showed Bowser who was boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom