My Wallet Isn't Big Enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so my heat bulbs KEEP blowing and I have no idea what to do about it. I have a Zoo Med 100 watt bulb in a Fluker's 150 watt dome; I've gone through about 4 bulbs in the past month and a half. Obviously lighting will have to be replaced around every 6 months (at least for UVB), but I know these heat bulbs shouldn't be blowing out this often. Anybody have any suggestions?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just buy regular bulbs from Home Depot/Lowe's or Walmart. I use those types exclusively for heat, many owners do. You can buy 100 watt flood bulbs or par 38 halogen bulbs.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly the fixture is bad or there are power surges causing the issue. The reptile specific bulbs can be fragile though. I'd try a PAR38 or BR40 halogen flood light and see how that does. You may need to play around with different wattages to get the right temperatures. They tend to be a bit tougher and they're cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom