my sons lizzie seems lethargic, ate this morning, mealworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

emkay

she ate mealworms and kale this morning, but seems unable to swallow the meal. she has a big lump in her throat, her beard is black,and her saliva is oozing from her mouth. help! any answers will be appreciated. it always happens on a sunday nite!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is your son's dragon Lizzie & how big is she?
Mealworms are hard for younger dragons to digest. So, if she was fed too many she is most likely having a hard time digesting them & they have made her sick.
How late did she eat the previous evening?
If she is lethargic, you will need to get some oral fluids into her if you can. It sounds like she is close to throwing up possibly, & definitely has an upset tummy. So no more live feeders right now. Limit food until we can get her stabilized & determine if she has food caught in her throat.
You could try a warm bath to help her. Has she gone to the bathroom?
What are the temps in the tank? Do you have a basking light in the tank for her?
If you can, try to get her mouth cleaned out so she is not choking on anything. She may be keeping food in her beard that is not digested possibly they sometimes do that. If you try to look in her mouth do so very carefully so you don't hurt her.
Since her beard is black, she is not feeling well & is in distress right now. Is she able to sleep tonight?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom