My service beardie.

The other day, I was threatened on the bus. I don't wanna get into the more gruesome details, but it had to do with both death and rape. For the rest of the evening, I was a wreck. I had multiple panic attacks, completely broke down, and almost self harmed again. My mom heard me over the phone, and she told me calmly to take my medicine and try spending time with Marcy. I got my hydroxyzine, but I was scared of getting Marcy. What if he was freaked out by my crying and anxiety?

He started to slow down when I came near to feed him, and acted much calmer than he normally does. He's just a baby, but he acted so ridiculously mature and polite that I thought he was a wise old man. I picked him up, took him to my bed, and he let me pet him as he snuggled up close to me. The texture of petting his scales pulled me out of my panic attack pretty fast. He even let me pet his soft beard, which he normally hates. As things went on, I realized how bright he was, because I was worried something was wrong, and realized that he was just happy to see me happy again. That then made me realize that so far, whenever I've been really depressed, Marcy always does what he can do snap me out of it! Either he runs around in circles, does the cutest thing where he sits on his butt and holds onto the door (yes, of course I'll attach an image),
20230408_201555.jpg
or goes up onto his log and hangs there like a little monkey.

The next day, he was very patient with me while I stayed home from school. Sometimes, I get scared I'm completely ruining everything for him, but then I realize that he really loves me. If he cares enough to help me when I'm anxious, I must be doing something right.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I take those at bedtime with the rest of my cocktail
Chase them all down with water.

I think my bearded dragon doesn't like me pacing & talking to myself all of the time.
Very stoic creatures. He just observes & minds his own business :geek:

He's somewhat supportive when I let him run around.
I think he wants to be more than friends.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Animals are a lot more perceptive than people realize. My beardies and ferrets all are incredibly in tune with our state of mind (my ferrets are all gone now,old age)

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
I feel that so much-

my beardies have too, pretty much saved my life. Reptiles in general, have such big personalities. Sometimes you’ll have a super hyper little dude, and the next is a grumpy old man! Their personality is pretty much a lucky dip lol.

It’s amazing to see the difference reptiles can make to their owners, I hope you can get better soon, mental health issues really do suck. 🖤

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I tell people all of the time that Rocky is my emotional support animal. They laugh at me. We all agree they have pulled at our heart strings, how they've touched our minds and souls may vary.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom