My Rescue Beardie Will Not Eat Greens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Our newest CL rescue beardie Sylas will not eat greens at all. She is about 2 yrs. old and 18 in. long. Her set up is fine and she eats dubia daily. I give her calcium dust & vitamins on her dubia. She gets soaked a few times a week & besides not eating greens she is fine. She also poops at least every other day if not daily.

Does any one have any suggestions on how I can get her to eat them? I have already tried putting reptiworms in her dosh & she eats around the veggies to get to the worms. We provide her with a variety of greens and veggies so far she has not showed interest in any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sy1.jpg

danab

Hatchling Member
I have only 3 beardies out of seven that eat their salad straight from their bowl. The rest are young or rescues that don't know that salads are yummy and good for them LOL. I feel your frustration.

One of mine does not like to eat anything from a bowl so I set up a special small tile that I feed her off of. She will eat salad on the tile and ignores the bowl unless there is something wiggling in there and then I just hope she gets some salad in her mouth while she is hunting in there. Maybe you can try hand feeding before you offer any feeders, or try the clean tile method.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
WOW what a sweety! LOVE the pic!
i am going through the same thing the EXACT thing with my BlueBelle. Whilei was AWAY for 10 days, she ate salad. now that i am back she refuses it again. i swear she knows moms home and doesnt have to anymore.
Have you ever thought of the witholding live food method? I THINK that is what im going to have to eventually resort to. SO many people do it, and have great results!!! It so hard to do though i know!!! But its not "cruel" its "tough love"
I saw the post above...instead of a bowl just putting it in her tile...there is thought worth trying! I havent put repti worms in her salad yet, im due for a shipment in a few days, so im going to attempt that.
BUT to answer your question, you can try withholding her dubias for a week and always have that salad in there as her only options. The assumption is, and seems to work a HUGE part of the time, that they will get hungry ofcourse, and venture over to the salad. I know Blue Belle did when i was gone. Something to consider! if the repti worms in the salad dont work for me, that is what im going to do too. Tough Veggie Love.
Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!! and GOOD LUCK! Sylas is absolutley beautiful by the way :)
xoxo, Em and BlueBelle

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you both for the suggestions and words of encouragement. Sylas actually act a few slices of squash today. That is a step in the right direction I guess. I gave her a few supers today and while she was chomping I put some mustard greens in her mouth. She also ate a tiny bit if mango yesterday.

After I slipped the mustard greens in her mouth she gave me that I-know-what-you-did-Mom-and-I-don't-like-it! look. LOL

The reptiworms did not seem to help. she just ate around the greens. She is pretty stubborn but so very sweet. I am just going to keep trying. Please keep me in the loop on your progress too!

Its a pain but they are so worth it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom