My New Love...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all...I have recently been given the happy opportunity to own my first Beardie...His name is Drogan. A friend of mine from work decided she didn't have the time for him ( very sad) anymore and I jumped on the offer..I have never owned a reptile before so this is so very new to me...He is a sweetheart!!!! I have a few concerns with all the research I have been doing..1st..The discoloration in his tale, front leg and bag leg are a grey color...I thought shedding but when I asked her today she said they have been like this for awhile...I have not been able to get him to eat since Monday and that was just crickets he won't touch his veggies...He is just over a year old and has never had any UVB.....I purchased a coil compact UVB but now here they are bad:((( I have been giving him soaks for the past two days and today he finally pooped so that made me happy....Any and all advise is appreciated...I'm trying to figure out the image upload..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Getting the lighting straightened out should be quite helpful. It's good to hear he pooped recently and is getting soaks. Keep the baths up regularly. That should help with the shedding (the gray/muted color and waxy consistency is usually associated with shedding). The shed cycles can sometimes take a while, so be patient and let him do his thing for now. Here is the link to the image uploader. Once you have photos uploaded to your account, just use the XIMG button when you post and you can put them into your thread. I look forward to seeing photos of your new buddy.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks like a normal dragon to me (no special morph). He looks healthy though. The tail does look like it will shed soon. Nothing to worry about there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom