MY NEW DRAGON "SWIPER" WIth pics Check him out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadillac

As you may know my first dragon passed after 3 weeks R.I.P "Sophera"

But now i have a new dragon his name is "SWIPER" I hope he lives a long and happy life i think he will now that i have found this site i was i would have found it sooner! All of you are a great help and i thank you for the time and info.. :blob5:

I have a few pics here not many of Swiper yet but there will be more to come i promise

SDC10037.jpg

SDC10034.jpg

SDC10031.jpg

SDC10032.jpg

SDC10033.jpg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
It looks good.What type of UVB tube is that?Also I didnt see a digital thermometer with a probe for the basking spot.Do you have one?Other then that everything looks great :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awww, he's a cutie. Your setup looks good, just make sure he can get 6 to 8" from the UVB tube, is it a Repti-Sun 10.0? Also be sure to keep him very well hydrated. What are the tank temps? Congratulations. :p

cadillac

Original Poster
Tank temps at the Basking spot is about 105 to 108 and about 80-85 at the other end of the tank.. that is being taking with a inferred digital temp gauge its like a 100$ thermometer!!! it takes temps at the spot and around mostly the surface temp which i heard was good !

i Mist him about 2-3 times a day Plus he has a water dish and i keep him some type of greens right now its kale he seems to like that alot !!

the UVB light is a Repti-sun 10.0 24 inch blub which is the only one i could find around here without waiting for one online !! I have a 75 watt basking light that sits on top of the screen and as you can see the repti sun is inside the tank i have the lights on a timer that come on at around 7:30-8:00am and shut off around 9:00pm..

If you have any other helpfull tips please let me know !!!

petsmart said i should only feed him about 6-7 crix a day... But i read online that i needed to feed him 3 times a day about 7-10 crix at a time what do i really need to do ? and what is a good treat for my dragon ??

bdgal

Hatchling Member
"SWIPER STOP SWIPING" as Dora would say! Congrats on the new guy. I am getting my first beardie in less than a month. Yeah!! Did you make that tree? If so...I need instructions! I can't tell if it is homemade or not? Same with the rocks in the corner.....any hints?

cadillac

Original Poster
yea thats where i got his name from cause all he was doing when i brought him home was swipeing the glass lol... no i didnt make the tree or the rock i bought them at petsmart for like 12.00 $ a piece... thanks at congrats on your dragon... this is a wonderful site if you notice an problems with your dragon and cant get to the vet these are the people to talk to they helped me alot even though there was nothing i could do for my last dragon !!!

but congrats on your dragon and i hope everything works out well for you !!1

LJean

Extreme Poster
Congratulations! Swiper is a little cutie!

Ignore the pet store people! Baby dragons should be fed 2-3 times a day as many appropriate size bugs as they will eat. If he eats 7-10 at a time, or more that is fine. Young beardies can eat many bugs in a day once they get going.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Ah, Swiper looks great Cadillac, and the enclosure looks good too.

LJean":f5c78 said:
Ignore the pet store people! Baby dragons should be fed 2-3 times a day as many appropriate size bugs as they will eat. If he eats 7-10 at a time, or more that is fine. Young beardies can eat many bugs in a day once they get going.

Yes, what LJean said, feed 2-3 times per day, as many as Swiper can swipe up! :wink: Those growing babes need as much protein as they can get/wish to eat. Dust 5 meals per week with calcium powder WITH D3, 1-2 meals per week with vites.

The best, and enjoy your new pal!

Em

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Swiper no swiping, Welcome to the best place for beardie information ever!!!!!!!! Good looking setup you got....

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom