My New Dragon Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, finally i can take picture of my dragon and it's home
i make my enclosure based on this web http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/index.htm

and what about the setting of the enclosure, is it okay ? (i used reptiglo10.0 8 hours a day, and the 40 watt lamp 24 hours a day)
and do you guys know, what morph my BD is ?

here's the picture

the enclosure
DSC_0037.jpg

Plue came out her cave
DSC_0040.jpg

At the basking spot
DSC_0042.jpg

look nice, hmmmm
DSC_0048.jpg

Nyam Nyam Nyam
DSC_0054.jpg

Plue Posing
DSC_0061.jpg

thx for watching, and my fake rock is still in progress, so later on i will put in

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello,

Your beardie is very cute and your enclosure is very nice! There are a few things I would like to point out though.

First....the ReptiGlo 10 is unfortunately a very bad bulb and has been linked to many health issues among beardies, especially with their eyes.. I would recommend the ReptiSun 10.0, best fluorescent uvb on the market. You can get them online here http://www.petmountain.com/product/fluorescent/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

It's hard to tell from the pic, but is your basking bulb a bright white halogen flood? The bright white is needed to protect their eyes from the uvb.

I noticed you mentioned using uvb for 8 hrs and basking all day. The day/night cycle should be 12-14 hrs of daylight(lights on...both uvb and basking/heat) and 10-12 hrs of night(lights off). Beardies prefer complete darkness and cooler temps for sleep. You do not need any heat at night unless the temps fall below 65 degrees...then you would want to use a CHE(ceramic heat emitter) which only produces heat, but no light.

I did not notice a thermometer...are you measuring your temps, if so what type thermometer are you using?
What temps are you getting in basking and coolside?

For accurate temps..either a digital thermometer with a wire and probe or a temp gun are needed.

Sorry about all the questions...just trying to help you out so that your beardie will live a happy healthy life in his new viv! :D

Jazzcoutique

Original Poster
Grumbles":f3c05 said:
Beautiful home!
Did you use some kind of veneer?
That looks great. :D
-John
thx bro
what veneer do you mean ?
at the bottom i use a material like rubber, it's usually for kid toys, it's not veneer or wood

gulfbrzdawn":f3c05 said:
Hello,

Your beardie is very cute and your enclosure is very nice! There are a few things I would like to point out though.

First....the ReptiGlo 10 is unfortunately a very bad bulb and has been linked to many health issues among beardies, especially with their eyes.. I would recommend the ReptiSun 10.0, best fluorescent uvb on the market. You can get them online here http://www.petmountain.com/product/fluorescent/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

It's hard to tell from the pic, but is your basking bulb a bright white halogen flood? The bright white is needed to protect their eyes from the uvb.

I noticed you mentioned using uvb for 8 hrs and basking all day. The day/night cycle should be 12-14 hrs of daylight(lights on...both uvb and basking/heat) and 10-12 hrs of night(lights off). Beardies prefer complete darkness and cooler temps for sleep. You do not need any heat at night unless the temps fall below 65 degrees...then you would want to use a CHE(ceramic heat emitter) which only produces heat, but no light.

I did not notice a thermometer...are you measuring your temps, if so what type thermometer are you using?
What temps are you getting in basking and coolside?

For accurate temps..either a digital thermometer with a wire and probe or a temp gun are needed.

Sorry about all the questions...just trying to help you out so that your beardie will live a happy healthy life in his new viv! :D

hi, thx for comment and give me some advice, really appreciate that
i would like to answer your question

1. i know repti glo 10.0 is very bad lamp, but in my location (indonesia) it's very hard to find reptisun, all the supplier/shop here only sell the reptiglo 10.0, so i might as well use it better than nothing ^.^

2. the basking lamp, it's only original lamp (40 watt) for common uses, not exactly reptile lamp, but tomorrow i will buy Exoterra Sun Glo 50 Watt (for basking lamp)

3. ow, so all the lamp must be Off, i only use reptiglo 10.0 for 8 hours, because i know it's not so good, so i just use for 8 hours a day , but i also give my Dragon in the morning sun every 2 days.
I think i don't really afraid that in the night the temperature can be so cold, because i live in tropical country

4. waaa... i'm still thinkin what thermometer should i buy, because my friends said that the mercury thermometer is better compare to digital thermometer, but soon i will put in my enclosure

and can you tell me what morph my dragon is ?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
since finding the reptisun in Indonesia is tough, you should try the reptiglo 8 instead. It is a safer bulb than the 10.0

Jazzcoutique

Original Poster
GoFast":f8479 said:
since finding the reptisun in Indonesia is tough, you should try the reptiglo 8 instead. It is a safer bulb than the 10.0

ok will change later.. at least give the lamp a month.... T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom