My New Boy, Sarge (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjhab24

Well today I got my new little man in the mail from Barbara. I decided I wanted to get a second bearded dragon to keep me company. He's quite the interesting little dude. I love him already and can't wait to spend lots of time together. I bought him a harness so we can have fun outside in my back yard. I don't know what to name him yet, though, Sarge comes to mind for some reason, though that may be partly due to his daddy's name. Thank you so much Barbara!

img1279hq.jpg

The box that came to my house at around 10. I was cleaning out my van and saw the UPS truck coming. It was pretty exciting

img1281d.jpg

Unpacking him from the box. I almost didn't take a picture because I just wanted to get him out so bad

img1284z.jpg

Bath time. He tried to get out of the sink about 5 minutes in lol

img1286e.jpg

First time in his new home

img1287l.jpg

Checking out my family tree (the paper in the back)

img1282l.jpg

Why hello there

img1290j.jpg

He got mad at me when we first went outside for some reason

img1295k.jpg

But soon calmed down and came up on my chest

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Your so very welcome Chris! :D
I'm glad you are pleased with him and the name Sarge I think fits his attitude. :lol:
I was gonna name PVT Blaze Sarge except I couldn't see past his Private stripes on his arms. :lol:

See I told you if you ignored his attitude that he'd snuggle up to you. :wink: He doesn't look very stressed from the trip well other than the attitude pic...but they will do that time to time when first going outside in a new place. It's just because he's not familar most likely.

Hope you boys are having a wonderful day! :mrgreen:

cjhab24

Original Poster
I got the harness at Petsmart. It was one of the harnesses that bd.org have reviews for and they were all positive so that's the one I got.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Congrats on getting your baby! He's quite the handsome boy.

I think Sarge is a good name for him. See what he thinks of it :wink:

cjhab24

Original Poster
Well his name is now officially Sarge. It seems to fit him and he just looks like a Sarge to me

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Chris, congratulations on getting Sarge (love the name 8). Glad to hear that his arrival was uneventful, he had quite the couple of days, didn't he? He's quite the handsome guy, sure showed his personality when you took him outside. My males react that way too if I stand in front of them because our bodies cause a shadow that reminds them of predators so now I squat down before I set them down and it made a big difference.

I have Misty, one of Barbara's babies too, she has babies all over the place. Sure can't go wrong with one of her babies. :D Which clutch is he from Barb?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Sarge and slave, lucky you to get one of Barbara's babies. He's adorable, it's been interesting watching them grow from the pics on her thread. Thanks for taking pics of your new boy, we all love pics so we can see progress. He's already 9 mo old, I think? He's sure growing up fast, soon he'll be a year old. I just love his colours, alot like our Rubio. Thanks much for sharing :D :D

Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Diane Sarge is from clutch #2 about 3 weeks younger than Misty, but he's a pretty big boy. :)

Sarge's hatch date is 8/8/09.

cjhab24

Original Poster
img1300mb.jpg

"I'm too good for my salad today"

img1301a.jpg

"Actually, this piece is mine..."

img1302a.jpg

"So now I'm going to sit on it so you can't have it"

Sarge still hasn't really eaten anything. I'm gonna give him a bath, take him outside for a while, and try again. I'm telling you though, he loves that yellow towel. I put it in there and this morning he warmed up on his rock and right after went to sit on the towel and hasn't come off it the whole day so far haha

Thanks for all the congratulations everybody :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
fresnowitte":1z05g53e said:
Diane Sarge is from clutch #2 about 3 weeks younger than Misty, but he's a pretty big boy. :)

Sarge's hatch date is 8/8/09.
Thanks Barb, I don't know how you keep track. :shock: Yes, he is a big boy and he sure LOVES his towel. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom