My new beardie won't poop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmc3213

My bearded dragon is 3 months old. I got her 5 days ago. She is my first reptile and I have been trying my best to do everything right. She is in a 60 gallon tank. The temperature gradient is 79 on the cold side to 101 on the hot side. I have 2 pieces of wood in there for her to climb on, one of them under the lamp. I have a shallow water dish in there with lukewarm water. For the ground, I use eco-carpet. I feed her in another bin. My problem is that she has only pooped once so far! She has eaten around 10 crickets every day so far and yesterday she ate 21! I dust the crickets every other day with calcium D3 powder. They arent any bigger than the size in between in her eyes. She wont eat any fruits or greens. I have tried romaine lettuce, tiny pieces of broccli, grated carrots, and tiny pieces of strawberries. I mist her a few times a day and try to give her drops of water from a clean medicine dispenser. Sometimes she drinks a few drops. I have tried giving her a bath but she hates it. She did allow me to have her rear end in the lukewarm bath for a little while as I rubbed her belly. I have heard that can provoke a bowl movement, but it didn't work. Also, this morning she showed no interest in the crickets what so ever! What can I do to help her??? I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong!! Please help!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
cmc3213":306rfs5a said:
I got her 5 days ago.

That is most likely the reason right there.
Relocation stress can last up to two weeks in some cases.

You are doing everything fine, I just wouldn't mist anymore. And don't feed Romaine lettuce.
Since you haven't had your beardie for too long yet its possible that she is still not settled, and that could be messing up her BM.

Do you know what substrate she was housed on before you got her?

I would continue with the 15 minute warm baths. And rubbing the belly very gently.

Oh, and here is a list of stuff to feed, and not to feed :http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

-Brandon

cmc3213

Original Poster
ok thank you so much! :) I am not too sure what the substrate was... I got her at repticon and we looked at so many different bearded dragons I just can't remember. I was also wondering how much I should be handling her now since she is new. I hold her a few times a day and she doesnt seem agressive or anything. She either just sits there as I pet her head or crawls all over my arms and shoulders. I just don't want to stress her out anymore than she already is from being in a new home. Thank you so much for your help!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't handle her except when putting her in the bath until she starts pooing normally again.

-Brandon

1beardie

Hatchling Member
Also another thing is you should Dust with calcium 5 times a week and a multivitamin on the other 2 days....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom