My mischievous Bandit

She's the cutest little reptile I've ever seen. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would own a beardie. I've always heard negative things about them. Boy, were all the things I've heard wrong... I've learned not to freak out over the small things anymore, that a reptile is a reptile and does as she pleases. I've learned how to properly care for her all because of the wonderful people on this site and I would like to thank you all for all the advice. I bought her when she was around 5 inches.. She's now over 8 :) I bought her July 24th at a Petsmart near my work.She fell off a tree when we approached the tanks and ran to the glass when I was looking at her. I would say she picked me instead of me picking her :) I did hours upon hours of research but I made my mistakes especially with those "starter kits" but now I've fixed everything and we are on our road to a healthy, long beautiful life. Without further ado, here's some pictures :)
Our first day together!
photo18-3.jpg

photo17.jpg

314004_10151955477860367_1094800957_n.jpg

photo16-3.jpg

photo15-3.jpg

photo14-4.jpg

photo13-4.jpg

photo12-5.jpg

photo11-4.jpg

418766_10151992518220367_715614676_n.jpg

423540_10152020873445367_1684641967_n.jpg

photo10-4.jpg

photo16-1.jpg

My favorite picture by far,
photo17-1.jpg

sexy leg ;)
photo15-1.jpg

photo20-1.jpg

can you find the dragon??
photo19-1.jpg

she was shedding a bandanna apparently which suits her name perfectly lol
photo18-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

Queen of the castle,
photo11-1.jpg

nom nom, crazy face,
photo10-1.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

look at those little spikes... AAAH so cute...
photo8-2.jpg

I have no idea how she kept herself up like that... I came home from work to find her sleeping like this...
photo6-1.jpg

I love her.
photo5-2.jpg

I feed the dragon a nice breakfast... How am I repaid? With a cranky dragon... :(
photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
More photos :)

photo13-2.jpg

photo14-2.jpg

photo15-2.jpg

I'm team Matty, She's apparently team Jake.
photo21-1.jpg

What?
photo20-2.jpg

photo22-1.jpg

Today she ate 29 Phoenix worms and absolutely refused to touch or go near the only brown one I put in the lid... I put 20 in the first time she ate the 19 so as an experiment I put 10 more in and left the brown one but she wouldn't touch it. What a buttface.
photo19-2.jpg

photo18-2.jpg

And there goes the brown one... lol....
photo17-2.jpg

Can't keep her fat little belly up.. bahaha
photo16-2.jpg

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ziggydoodles":dqz2elie said:
She is super cute! & WOW what a fat little beardie belly in those last few pics! :mrgreen:

Haha, thank you. You can see the look of regret on her face from pigging out on worms :lol:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! She's growing so fast, oh my goodness. She was 5-6 inches at the end of July and she's now currently just short of 12 inches. I was so worried she wasn't growing because in my eyes she's still as tiny as the day I got her and looking at other bd's online made me worry because they all look so big at young ages but now with the start of dubia's and phoenix worms she's got quite the belly :D

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Picture update time :D
photo23-1.jpg

The grumpiest face yet,
photo25-1.jpg

She would never sit in the other bin I had to feed her in until I tempted her with Dubia's and how she always knows it's feeding time when she's in there
photo26-1.jpg

"Are all these for me?"
photo27-1.jpg

Took down 30 large phoenix worms,
photo29-1.jpg

Then proceeded to her bowl to look for freeze dried crickets and ate some pellets,
photo30-1.jpg

photo31-1.jpg

photo32-1.jpg

photo33-1.jpg

photo34-1.jpg

photo35-1.jpg

photo36-1.jpg

And this is Bailey. Over a month ago, my boyfriend and I went to a reptile shop. They had a bearded dragon just sitting in an open enclosure and since I've never held an adult bearded dragon before, I scooped her up immediately. She was literally skin and bones and felt like she had shattered ribs. I put her down and asked one of the guys working there, "What's wrong with her?" His response was "Oh, nothing she's just a little funky", he picked her up put her on the branch I was giving to Bandit and then put her down back in the enclosure roughly. She was limping away and trying to hide from people. I scooped her up again staring at her and I felt awful. (We didn't even realize her right back leg way entirely swollen and broken because I was so focused on her rib cage) The guy came back after 10 minutes and said that she was dropped off here a week prior and was "beaten up by 2 males" he then said we look like good people and he would give her to us for free. I immediately said yes and looked at my boyfriend. I wasn't going to be able to bring her home because I have Bandit and while still living in my mothers home/working/going back to school soon, I couldn't keep her. He said couldn't at the time because he didn't have the proper funds but I was not leaving her, whether I had to sneak her home or I was going to force her upon him, she was coming home with us. I bought her all the stuff and now she's been at my boyfriend's for over a month, completely a different reptile. She has energy, she a finicky eater (but when I come over to feed her, she eats ;) ) Her body is almost back to normal, she's gone through 2 sheds. She's been to a vet, had a fecal, he said she was perfect, nothing to be alarmed about and said that her back leg was shattered because her bones never properly healed. She also has a slight case of MBD because her front feet are curved into her body. She's the most loving, kind, sweetest cuddling reptile I've ever met. It's a shame people are so awful.

Here's our first day with her,
Car ride home (Look at her right leg, twice the size)
photo37-1.jpg

photo38-1.jpg

We bought her waxworms and crickets the first day, she instantly ate 4 wax worms,
photo39-1.jpg

photo40-1.jpg

photo41-1.jpg

Here she is now,
photo42-1.jpg

photo43-1.jpg

photo28-1.jpg

photo44-1.jpg

photo45-1.jpg

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Awww Bandit is a pretty beardie and looks like she has quite the personality. She looks very expressive too. It seems like you are taking very good care of her due to that chubby little belly. :)

That is wonderful that you were able to rescue Bailey. Just looking at her, she seems like she is probably such a little sweetheart. She will have a happy life now. :)

I really look forward to seeing more pics and updates on Bandit and Bailey. :)

Awww what a cutie pie! You took great pictures! I absolutely LOVE the picture of her asleep on the stick! That is hilarious! And the picture where she is doing the bug eye thing(When that first happened to my beardie, I FREAKED OUT) I had no idea beardies do that occasionally especially when their shedding when I first got my beardie, but now that I know as long as their not doing it all the time it's just a freaky thing they do once in awhile that is normal. I still don't like it though! LOL... :lol:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you all. Bandit definitely likes to express what she's thinking... haha. I'm going to take better pictures of Bailey tonight because those nice dark shots are from my boyfriend's android... We didn't think she was going to make it that first week because she looked so ill but she's definitely alive and full of energy. Does anyone have any good tricks on how to fatten her up more quickly? Like I mentioned, she's a real finicky eater and won't eat for a day then will munch on something a day later and then the next she'll chow down on things like she's never seen food before but it's definitely frustrating my boyfriend. We've tried baby food (chicken and squash) dandelions, escarole, mustard greens, carrots and kale. She won't touch any live crickets, is iffy on phoenix worms, loved wax worms but didn't want to risk the fatty liver disease, is okay with supers and dubias.

@ BeardieMommy85 thank you! haha She did that eye bulge one day out of no where and it scared me because I've seen her do it during one of her sheds, but she just did it after one and out of the blue. If it wasn't for an article about it on this site I would've had a heart attack.

Hemilover77

Juvie Member
Wow...how adorable. Very good pics. My baby is a Petsmart baby too, wish we knew how old they really were! Looks like from the first pics to the last that she has really grown!

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Haha yeah, she was so tiny when I got her I couldn't believe it.
Bandit, first day I had her,
photo8-4.jpg

photo7-3.jpg

Bandit, Now,
photo6-3.jpg

And as promised, here's some pictures of Bailey.

@beardiesforthewin, At Chicago Reptile House.

bailey.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

photo4-4.jpg

photo5-4.jpg

bailey1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom