My mischievous Bandit

She's the cutest little reptile I've ever seen. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would own a beardie. I've always heard negative things about them. Boy, were all the things I've heard wrong... I've learned not to freak out over the small things anymore, that a reptile is a reptile and does as she pleases. I've learned how to properly care for her all because of the wonderful people on this site and I would like to thank you all for all the advice. I bought her when she was around 5 inches.. She's now over 8 :) I bought her July 24th at a Petsmart near my work.She fell off a tree when we approached the tanks and ran to the glass when I was looking at her. I would say she picked me instead of me picking her :) I did hours upon hours of research but I made my mistakes especially with those "starter kits" but now I've fixed everything and we are on our road to a healthy, long beautiful life. Without further ado, here's some pictures :)
Our first day together!
photo18-3.jpg

photo17.jpg

314004_10151955477860367_1094800957_n.jpg

photo16-3.jpg

photo15-3.jpg

photo14-4.jpg

photo13-4.jpg

photo12-5.jpg

photo11-4.jpg

418766_10151992518220367_715614676_n.jpg

423540_10152020873445367_1684641967_n.jpg

photo10-4.jpg

photo16-1.jpg

My favorite picture by far,
photo17-1.jpg

sexy leg ;)
photo15-1.jpg

photo20-1.jpg

can you find the dragon??
photo19-1.jpg

she was shedding a bandanna apparently which suits her name perfectly lol
photo18-1.jpg

photo13-1.jpg

photo12-1.jpg

Queen of the castle,
photo11-1.jpg

nom nom, crazy face,
photo10-1.jpg

photo9-2.jpg

look at those little spikes... AAAH so cute...
photo8-2.jpg

I have no idea how she kept herself up like that... I came home from work to find her sleeping like this...
photo6-1.jpg

I love her.
photo5-2.jpg

I feed the dragon a nice breakfast... How am I repaid? With a cranky dragon... :(
photo4-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Lmao! Bad! Imagine, she goes in there to borrow something and finds them!? I'd consider doing that in my closet but my mom would definitely find them. Apparently at 22 years old I STILL haven't earned the right for people to stay out of my room when I'm not home. -_-

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol I always have a messy closet so she doesn't go into mine. Plus my mom is a size 12 I believe, im a 2 so she can't really take anything besides shoes :)

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
LOL, breeding roaches in secret! Naughty naughty! I somehow manage to get in 'trouble' for having pet lizards and I live over 100 miles away from my parents :roll: They have no idea that I just picked up my 2nd gecko though, and if I told my mom I was going to start breeding roaches she'd probably pass out, hahaha :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hehehe, My mom is the same I breed roaches and crix downstairs depending what he'll eat.
Cages are empty right now I need to order a male and female of both species. My Dad did find out
but he didn't tell Mom as long as I did chores while he's at work and he doesn't have to do any trash taking
or kitchen cleaning after dinner. I still clean the bathroom for the hell of it.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ziggydoodles":3phs60th said:
LOL, breeding roaches in secret! Naughty naughty! I somehow manage to get in 'trouble' for having pet lizards and I live over 100 miles away from my parents :roll: They have no idea that I just picked up my 2nd gecko though, and if I told my mom I was going to start breeding roaches she'd probably pass out, hahaha :lol:

Hahahaha!!!

Plan b is if she ever finds out to just hold them at my boyfriends till she settles and then slowing bring them back.

I think she's okay with roaches for the most part she told me she saw a bug in the living room blamed my little roaches until I told her they'd die of dehydration and she stopped arguing lol

It's good that your dad is keeping your secret lol

morphmom

BD.org Addict
My mother is afraid of Superworms! Kinna my fault though. I got her really close to them and said "they look like tiny little brain suckers, don't they?" "Can you imagin if one got inside your ear?" :twisted: Mwahaha! I love my mom but that was pay back for walking in my apartment/bedroom when ever she feels like it! :roll: She now calls 1st! :mrgreen:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
morphmom":3o5127ca said:
My mother is afraid of Superworms! Kinna my fault though. I got her really close to them and said "they look like tiny little brain suckers, don't they?" "Can you imagin if one got inside your ear?" :twisted: Mwahaha! I love my mom but that was pay back for walking in my apartment/bedroom when ever she feels like it! :roll: She now calls 1st! :mrgreen:

LOL!!! That's absolutely hilarious. Little breain suckers, huh? I should remember that to terrorize my friends :twisted:

Well that's a good lesson learned I'd say! :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
It seems all things reptile freak out my family :roll: It works for me though who just walks into someone eleses place and then, their bedroom!? :shock: Maybe I should line the outside of the building with supers! :lol:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Picture Updates :

C3841470-A99B-4CC8-8A38-4A7A4B9FF6D2-3304-0000046B639C4475.jpg

F23520F7-EEC0-4B1F-BB7B-3AE76EE14883-3304-00000472F0BE747F.jpg

29527D2E-18DD-44EA-9D13-87F080FE9C1A-3304-0000047274A9A0AD.jpg

Here's Harlow's reaction to Phoenix Worms... lol I was trying to make the camera stand against something but it wouldn't work sorry for the shakyness

With the glare there's awful footage, without the glare, there's no footage... There was no winning :(

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Aw, the pic of Bandit's gape is way too cute. I laughed at Halow. "Ahhhh!" "Food!?" Looks like it all got figered out though :D

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you ladies! It was so cute she stood there for 2 min before I took my camera out. I think she was expecting them to crawl away or something.

I realized I wrote her name wrong the first time :oops:

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
So I noticed the place you bought your hornworms from has baby worms for smaller beardies! I'm so going to treat my baby to them one day! And they're $10 ($20 with shipping) for 25. not bad at all.

Are they super nutritious or something? Beardies seem to love them. They're SO Cool looking. I wonder if they're easy to breed...

Do they bite, or do you just use the tweezers because it's easier?

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dreamwritten":2otn09uc said:
So I noticed the place you bought your hornworms from has baby worms for smaller beardies! I'm so going to treat my baby to them one day! And they're $10 ($20 with shipping) for 25. not bad at all.

Are they super nutritious or something? Beardies seem to love them. They're SO Cool looking. I wonder if they're easy to breed...

Do they bite, or do you just use the tweezers because it's easier?

I hate bugs, the feel of bugs, the smell. If I can avoid touching them I will... haha I picked up Phoenix Worms with my hands yesterday and spazzed out. Yuck.

Breeding I'm not too sure about. I don't know if I would ever be willing to breed moths but I'm sure it's easy. People do it, you just have to search it on this forum somewhere. They're supposed to be like a "super bug" because they're so high in calcium and nutrients, they're safe to be a staple diet. And there's never the risk of impaction because they're all mushy (75% water according to Linda) They are SO COOL. I was surprised with their coloration. For worms, they're quite beautiful. I haven't quite figured out what their faces look like lol. I don't think they really bite. They also come with enough food to last them a while but they reach full adult size in 3 weeks. (They're quite easy to feed off fast, Bandit ate all her large ones now I'm just gonna wait for the others to grow)
Linda offers care sheets with her bugs too so that was nice knowing what you're getting yourself into.

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Eeeeeek. Today Bandit has a vet appointment so I took a PTO day :) Wish me luck on the parasites!

She's currently glass dancing which makes me happy because she can file down her own nails instead me trying to cut them.
I had a genius idea to move all the furniture in my room so Bandit could be on my dresser, I'm very allergic to dust and moving furniture that hasn't been moved in a while made my throat close and my hands are raw :( But it's worth it since Bandit is higher up and I could actually see both tanks sort of side by side.

Bandit and her Christmas tree
A3B70FF6-86A0-4A16-9B29-FEE2C6BA94BD-3608-0000050772D49863.jpg

Also, HAHA chubby tired herself out! I'm such a mean mom.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom