My little (big) boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Today I want to show you my dragon, Zeus. He was the last one that my local petco would have for about 3 months, so I figured, hey why not be a dragon owner again. I had bought him for $35 two months ago from a petco that actually cared about the animals health!

They had a 20 gallon just for the little guy with a solar glow MVB. Now on to whats been going on since that day! After I brought little zeus home with me, he did not like the fact that I took him from his "big" home. Little did he know that he was going to get a major upgrade!
1511101_789797911032842_2124099938435460618_n_zpse7365645.jpg

Of course, the little guy was so excited, he explored his new home all day!

After two months of owning him, this is what he looks like now,
FotoFlexer_Photo_zps7aca95f3.jpg

He went from 4.5 inches, to being a whopping foot long in just a little over two months!

Zeus is the most active bearded dragon I have even owned. He makes my life a little more interesting because of his strange, yet funny personality. He acts like my dog sometimes, when ever I come in my room with food, he gets all excited thinking that he gets to eat Doritos and burgers like the dog does sometimes.. when he steals it. :roll:. Zeus, just like any other dragon, eats his crickets, the occasional small super worm, that are fed a very special diet that I get from a breeder I know.

IMG_2449_zpsb62bad74.jpg
Just watching as I get ready to clean his house :)

IMG_0374_zps5bee8f54.jpg
Thats his favorite spot to sleep on.

IMG_0373_zps4ac8352a.jpg
A horrible storm hit and knocked out the power to his Power Sun MVB :( He then went to sleep at 3pm -__-

IMG_0372_zpsaf338231.jpg
Just basking as usual. Yes I know the light may look too close to him, But it was just the angle of the camera.

I will continue to post new pics on here about 2 or 3 times a week!

nightnero253

Original Poster
I'd rather live in cali instead of indiana lol. It's usually cold here until july :( But that type of out door enclosure shouldn't be hard to make :)

nightnero253

Original Poster
Here's an update on Zeus.

He is getting his new 40 gallon breeder tank on monday, He is also much more alert and active today for some reason, not sure why. He has finally begun to feed on small super worms (they're less than half an inch long), He has also finally started eating his greens again as well! I will post more pictures on monday after I get the new tank set up :)

nightnero253

Original Poster
Hey Everyone, sorry I haven't posted an update or any pics of Zeus for a while. He was terribly sick for a while :( He wouldn't eat, poop, or bask. But go figure, the day I go to take him to the vet, He just lets one rip and is back to his normal self. I called my vet, told her what happened. She said from what I told her, Zeus was most likely just constipated and that if it happens again to bring him in.

But now Zeus is doing much better, and he grew even more! He is no longer my little baby :cry: He is now daddy's big boy :D Also, Zeus has finally gotten a larger tank, it's a 40 gallon breeder that I got from my aunt for free :) He absolutely loves all the extra space!

FAB38C4B-425B-4532-81E3-716B80F3FC8F_zpsxswgygpx.jpg
That towl is only there until I can afford to get some textured tiles.

3882F43B-B700-43CB-A50D-B9512D297A7E_zpsej4l9kbj.jpg

CEA488A4-3409-4694-9FFF-37DDCC29DCD7_zpsrhel01ap.jpg

15163D87-ED65-4B48-85F0-E862E72BDE2B_zpsgikxmwlz.jpg

Cenetri

Wow, look at that humongous belly! And nice sized tank, too, lucky you got it for free! I can definitely see how he's grown, turning into quite the big boy!

Sorry that you had to go through that, but I agree that it sounds like he could have been dealing with constipation or was having a hard time processing something in his system. Luckily he's feeling better, though. Keep monitoring closely for a while and make sure he stays active and healthy! :)

nightnero253

Original Poster
He's becoming such a little fatty haha. I'm happy the tank was free, it saved me $150, my aunt was just going to throw it away until I said I'd take it. I think he couldn't digest the dubia roaches the right way since he never had them before. I got 20 of them to see how he would like them, and they were the small ones, so he kinda ate them all last week. So far he's still his lazy self and just basks all day until he knows its feeding time. Then he gets all excited and glass dances until I give him his food lol.

nightnero253

Original Poster
Today is a very sad day.. This is my last night with Zeus :'( I have to give him up because some bad things have happened recently, but he is going to a good home.. I wish there was a way that I could keep him, but I've lost my job and don't have the money to care for him anymore. With a heavy saddened heart, I say goodbye to a close reptilian friend tonight. Zeus, you will be missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom