My little (big) boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Today I want to show you my dragon, Zeus. He was the last one that my local petco would have for about 3 months, so I figured, hey why not be a dragon owner again. I had bought him for $35 two months ago from a petco that actually cared about the animals health!

They had a 20 gallon just for the little guy with a solar glow MVB. Now on to whats been going on since that day! After I brought little zeus home with me, he did not like the fact that I took him from his "big" home. Little did he know that he was going to get a major upgrade!
1511101_789797911032842_2124099938435460618_n_zpse7365645.jpg

Of course, the little guy was so excited, he explored his new home all day!

After two months of owning him, this is what he looks like now,
FotoFlexer_Photo_zps7aca95f3.jpg

He went from 4.5 inches, to being a whopping foot long in just a little over two months!

Zeus is the most active bearded dragon I have even owned. He makes my life a little more interesting because of his strange, yet funny personality. He acts like my dog sometimes, when ever I come in my room with food, he gets all excited thinking that he gets to eat Doritos and burgers like the dog does sometimes.. when he steals it. :roll:. Zeus, just like any other dragon, eats his crickets, the occasional small super worm, that are fed a very special diet that I get from a breeder I know.

IMG_2449_zpsb62bad74.jpg
Just watching as I get ready to clean his house :)

IMG_0374_zps5bee8f54.jpg
Thats his favorite spot to sleep on.

IMG_0373_zps4ac8352a.jpg
A horrible storm hit and knocked out the power to his Power Sun MVB :( He then went to sleep at 3pm -__-

IMG_0372_zpsaf338231.jpg
Just basking as usual. Yes I know the light may look too close to him, But it was just the angle of the camera.

I will continue to post new pics on here about 2 or 3 times a week!

Cenetri

Zeus is such a cute little guy! I love that chunky belly, he looks like a big pancake spread out on his rocks. I think it's crazy how quickly they go from tiny to humongous - my own girl has doubled her body weight in less than a month! And it looks like he's doing the same, must be eating very well!

I look forward to more pics and updates!

nightnero253

Original Poster
Zeus is a little piggy lol. Ever since I brought him home, he has had a very good appetite. I told the person at petco that showed me Zeus about him a few days ago. She is surprised that he has grown so fast. Heck, I'm surprised at how fast he grew. I guess it must be from the type of stuff I mix in his salads and feed his bugs.

nightnero253

Original Poster
The little guy passed out on me last night :)
D85B062F-97A4-4DEA-A7D4-EE21E04EFDE8_zpshlgwzop8.jpg

There's his "look" of where's my dang food!?
373F9771-6D2D-4AB8-93A1-D041BBEF38C0_zpsclaxemz3.jpg

Let the hunt begin!
BC46E8BE-EE22-4C07-B6E2-E3E9FFA0E474_zpsnr0w2jdm.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A battery backup for a desktop computer will work to keep the lights on for a while during a power outage. How long depends on the model but even a basic model should help during a short outage.

nightnero253

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1pk3xahh said:
A battery backup for a desktop computer will work to keep the lights on for a while during a power outage. How long depends on the model but even a basic model should help during a short outage.
Thanks! I didn't even know that was possible.

nightnero253

Original Poster
Good news everyone! Zeus is getting a bigger enclosure very soon! Most likely in 1-2 months! :) Its a custom made 80 gallon viv :D

nightnero253

Original Poster
Yes he is lol. The little turd didn't want to take pictures today, so every time he saw my phone, he hid in his rock cave -__- Also, I cant wait to see him reach breeding age/size! He will hopefully bring me some good looking babies in the future :)

nightnero253

Original Poster
Today was Zeus's first day out side! For once it was about 75 degrees! He was really enjoying his time out there, He found a nice place to bask for about 20 minutes :) I now plan on building him an outdoor home since he loved it out there :)

Cenetri

Glad to hear Zeus enjoys the outside world! My girl Lola is perfectly happy outside, but Oliver is a bit apprehensive. I'm sure it's also because they're Rankin's and that being a bit smaller makes them feel more vulnerable, but the outside sun is always a good thing and I try to get them out there to soak up some rays as much as possible.

An outdoor home is a good idea! Just be careful and make sure that the summertime temps are safe, as I built an outdoor enclosure for my old beardie and the conditions were hotter than I anticipated. As long as you can give them a cool area to thermo-regulate properly, I always think that outdoor enclosures are a fun option!

nightnero253

Original Poster
Cenetri":13wlp4j3 said:
Glad to hear Zeus enjoys the outside world! My girl Lola is perfectly happy outside, but Oliver is a bit apprehensive. I'm sure it's also because they're Rankin's and that being a bit smaller makes them feel more vulnerable, but the outside sun is always a good thing and I try to get them out there to soak up some rays as much as possible.

An outdoor home is a good idea! Just be careful and make sure that the summertime temps are safe, as I built an outdoor enclosure for my old beardie and the conditions were hotter than I anticipated. As long as you can give them a cool area to thermo-regulate properly, I always think that outdoor enclosures are a fun option!
The hottest it ever get over here is like 95. But I know that's different when it comes to basking and all that good stuff. I was thinking of making something similar to a outdoor tortoise pin. I would have one part for the basking and sunshine, and then the little cave for cooling down and resting without being cooked. Also, his new tank is going to be about 50 gallons. Its actually a perfect size! 36Lx18Wx17H. His current one is sadly made for a fish :c It's one of those 45 gallon bow fronts. But once I get his new tank in about 2 weeks, I'm gonna be uploading more pictures!

Cenetri

That style of enclosure sounds ideal - so long as the temps stay proper, an outdoor enclosure such as that seems doable and beneficial to his health and happiness. You're definitely lucky that the temps only reach 95 where you live, right now in mid May it's reaching 100 in my part of Cali, can't wait for summer! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom